Talk

Advanced search

to prefer sleeping with no pillow

(42 Posts)
confusedasfeck Thu 16-Jun-16 22:29:24

Or just slightly on the corner of a thin one??? I sleep on my front and just can't get comfy with my neck twisted upwards on a big fluffy pillow! Obviously laying on my back, on my phone, reading etc I want a pillow or two but most definitely not to sleep! I've never met anyone in real life who shares the same opinion on pillows, I always hear the more the better

useyourimagination Thu 16-Jun-16 22:33:26

I'm with you - when DH is away all the pillows end up on the floor.

LemonRedwood Thu 16-Jun-16 22:35:09

I have three pillows for when I'm lying on my back, but then I scooch down and use just a ting corner or no pillow when I'm lying on my front.

Queenbean Thu 16-Jun-16 22:35:24

The worst part ever of staying in a hotel is arriving and then seeing enormous fluffy pillows

You know the very worst, oldest, skankiest pillows you have? That you're about to give to your dog? Those are the pillows I like. Otherwise no pillow at all.

LemonRedwood Thu 16-Jun-16 22:35:33

*tiny

AnchorDownDeepBreath Thu 16-Jun-16 22:35:45

No I need hundreds. All arranged in a way that is very comfortable but that I'll never manage to achieve again.

Owlkiss Thu 16-Jun-16 22:35:48

Me! I sleep on my front too, and I never have my head on the pillow. I do like to have one in the bed though, I can't sleep without holding one. I have it sideways down one side of my body or else just tucked under my arm.

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Thu 16-Jun-16 22:37:04

I'm lying on my side on my usual two pillows & I just rolled over to try that out. I see what you mean.

Georgeofthejungle Thu 16-Jun-16 22:39:09

Side, leaning slightly to front. Head on outstretched arm. One leg bent out front. Sleeping in minutes! No pillow required smile

RubyGates Thu 16-Jun-16 22:39:11

I think no-pillowers are most odd. You'll be relieved to hear, however, that Beloved Spouse is also a no-pillower and it has not completely wrecked our relationship (She says ya(definitely)nbu.

confusedasfeck Thu 16-Jun-16 22:42:09

The huge pillows in hotels are awful! They're so big you can't even get a little tiny flat corner to slightly lay on. I'm with the old skanky pillow fan. I had a friend stay over to sit with the dog one night while I was away, she was most annoyed at my non existent plump pillows.

Arfarfanarf Thu 16-Jun-16 22:49:00

I hate pillows.
But i use a sheet.
Which i fold into a pillow shape.
After throwing the pillows onto the floor.
I know.
Bonkers.
hmm

Wombat87 Thu 16-Jun-16 22:52:05

Owl I have that too. My cuddling pillow. It has its own space in the bed. DP and I share the remaining space. I sleep with just one under my head. It's meant to be better for your neck isn't it?

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Thu 16-Jun-16 22:54:16

I usually have a clusterfibre pillow which doesn't raise my head up too much. I do sometimes do away with it. I can't do at all with a pillow under my shoulders (end up with pins and needles in my arms) and my neck sometimes needs me to sleep as flat as possible.

MrsSpecter Thu 16-Jun-16 22:54:32

No I need one for my arms to go under.

WeekendAway Thu 16-Jun-16 22:57:08

YABU to sleep without a pillow but also to sleep on your front. don't you get an awfully achey lower back? If ever I wake up accidentally on my front it takes me about ten minutes to manoeuvre myself onto my side and then into an upright position.

I sleep on my side, with one pillow for my head and one between my legs, to keep my spine aligned.

Fourfifthsof Thu 16-Jun-16 22:58:10

I've found my people! I sleep on my front sans pillow... Only use one for reading and in the very rare occasions I sleep on my side (got used to it while pregnant). Front sleep no pillow all the way!

WeekendAway Thu 16-Jun-16 22:58:11

Mrs I have to tuck one arm under my pillow as well!

poochiepants Thu 16-Jun-16 23:05:43

Am with you. I sleep on my front too, with the top half of my head on the bottom edge of the pillow. I prefer to be as flat as possible, but I can't sleep without a pillow!

123rd Thu 16-Jun-16 23:25:12

I use a wafer thin scrappy pillow. And dh has a huge pouffy one. If I ever have to sleep in dc beds I hate it. They both have three + random novelty pillows. They all end up on the floor if I'm in there!

Rinceoir Thu 16-Jun-16 23:36:34

I like just one thin pillow. Except when I was pregnant with agonising hip pain. Then I was surrounded by pillows. 2 for my head, one under my hip, another at my back, one between my knees and one at the bump. DH said it looked like I was in a fort.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Thu 16-Jun-16 23:41:58

Pillows are weird.

You head isn't meant to be a foot higher than the rest of your body. You're supposed to lie level.

Big, poofty basterds.

Notbigandnotclever Thu 16-Jun-16 23:57:47

My pillows are all squashed at the edge as I always sleep just on the edge of one but read with two under my head.

Tiggywinkler Fri 17-Jun-16 00:01:09

Me too! After co-sleeping for what feels like decades, pillows just feel a bit wrong.

So does having the covers pulled any further north than my nipples, but that's another story!

OrangeSquashTallGlass Fri 17-Jun-16 00:01:46

Mrs and Weekend, you need these! although they actually look really uncomfy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now