Baby kicking

(22 Posts)
Snowberry86 Thu 16-Jun-16 20:46:05

AIBU to not really like the sensation of baby kicking?

I am 21 weeks with a much wanted and waited for baby and had really looked forward to feeling him/her move. However I have found I really don't like it. It's not painful but it's a strange sensation and it's not very pleasant.

Will I learn to get used to it or ever actually like it?

HungryHorace Thu 16-Jun-16 20:49:12

Ah, when they're teeny it's quite vomit-inducing as they whizz round the space.

I preferred it when they were bigger, though it can be painful / uncomfortable.

I didn't mind it though, as I found it reassuring. I'm one of those annoying belly-rubbers when pregnant, as I liked to feel them moving!

CustardOmlet Thu 16-Jun-16 20:54:24

I like the reassurance of the movement, so glad when it happens, but do dislike the sensation. I think it's worse later on when they do big rolls and flips, 27wks now and feeling uncomfortable!

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 16-Jun-16 20:54:29

Yeah it's weird in the early days of feeling it. When I was pregnant with Dd, I suffered with HG, and the little movements used to set me off spewing! This time around it's not so bad, but I still don't like the sensation - especially when baby rolls around! It doesn't feel as strange as baby gets bigger though smile

sandy30 Thu 16-Jun-16 20:55:49

I liked it from a reassurance perspective. My husband didn't like it at all - made him feel quite funny when a foot moved across my tummy!

Snowberry86 Thu 16-Jun-16 20:56:59

My sickness has long gone so it doesn't make me feel sick, it's just very weird.

It's random bumps that are worse. The fluttery roll over feelings aren't too bad.

Lots of time to get used to it yet!

UmbongoUnchained Thu 16-Jun-16 20:58:39

I hate absolutely everything about being pregnant so yanbu!
I'm currently 8 weeks with my second and I'm counting down the days till its out of me.

NeedACleverNN Thu 16-Jun-16 20:58:45

It hurts. Especially when they get a foot stuck behind a rib. And it's annoying when they find your bladder

But it's reassuring too because as long as they are moving, you know they are ok.

MyKingdomForBrie Thu 16-Jun-16 20:58:51

God I'm so glad it's not just me, I really don't like it! Especially really low down. 27 weeks and looking forward to him taking up more room so he doesn't do those big swirls etc!

Dexterjamesmummy Thu 16-Jun-16 21:04:46

Oh when they seem to swipe you low down its horrible!

LouBlue1507 Thu 16-Jun-16 21:06:05

YANBU... I hate the feeling of my baby moving about (36 weeks), although it is reassuring! It's also a pain in the ass when I'm trying to sleep or relax! grin

I've not enjoyed pregnancy at all and I can't wait for to meet my baby and get my body back! grin

Mouikey Thu 16-Jun-16 21:15:32

Mine likes to tickle my bladder at all times of the day and night... she also likes the harmonica...shock

amigoingabitcrazy Thu 16-Jun-16 21:44:44

You may begin to enjoy the feeling... or it may just get progressively worse haha!
If it makes you feel any better the only physical part of pregnancy I enjoy is making the baby and meeting it 40 weeks later grin

ohidoliketobe Thu 16-Jun-16 21:54:03

I remember when DS was born and someone said to me "do you not miss him inside you?" Are you bloody mental? Along with sickness, reflux and heartburn the kicking was the cherry on the top.

28 weeks with DC2 and, whilst reassuring, the movements prevented me from getting to sleep last night. Kicks whichever side I lay. I swear the little fecker ramps up movements as I'm settling down to sleep, then after an hour of doing the riverdance around my internal organs it seems to settle down riiiight on my bladder. Roll on 1st week September! !

In my defence, I am horrifically ill in pregnancy - hospitalisation with hyperemesis, random bleeding, low then high blood pressure etx. But, my DS is the most amazing little human so first pregnancy was totally worth it and I'm sure this one will be too (I've told DH he is getting booked in for the snip next year)

summeraupair Thu 16-Jun-16 22:21:35

I'm 22 weeks and I wish I could feel mine more! Anterior placenta so apparently he's got a nice sturdy cushion keeping me from feeling all that much. Not a fan of when he starts (seemingly) tapdancing in the direction of my bladder though, that feels VERY odd...

Snowberry86 Fri 17-Jun-16 06:36:02

I've got anterior placenta to but can feel him very strongly a lot of the time. My DH hasn't managed to feel him yet as it's harder to feel on your hand. It has only got so strong last few days so won't be long before you can feel yours I would imagine.

Oysterbabe Fri 17-Jun-16 06:55:36

My baby is almost 6 months old but I swear I still feel it sometimes.

KaosReigns Fri 17-Jun-16 06:57:42

I'm due today and thoroughly sick of having my organs used as punching bags.

The kicks and punches hurt and she starts up every time I try to get some rest. By 28 weeks her kicks were so violent people could see my stomach moving from across the room.

Thoroughly looking forward to having my vagina torn to shreds if it means the internal beatings stop TBH.

In saying that though, if she doesn't kick I get worried and will give her a nudge to make sure she's ok. So yea, Im already one of those parents who wakes the baby just to see that they're alive.

Andrewofgg Fri 17-Jun-16 07:13:30

It's a serious juvenile crime wave. Children so young they wren even born kicking pregnant women in the guts.

Someone tell the DM!

Andrewofgg Fri 17-Jun-16 07:14:14

* they aren't DAMN THIS PHONE!

Cadenza1818 Fri 17-Jun-16 07:36:22

Look on bright side, I had twins. Sometimes they'd kick in opposite directions and I thought my stomach would split! grin I sid quite like them kicking though.

Andrewofgg Fri 17-Jun-16 08:12:43

And I should have wished flowers to all due soon. The method for getting babies to parents proves that the system was designed by a male. If Amazon took over you'd pick them up from the Lockers the day after placing the order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now