Talk

Advanced search

To be really annoyed with New Look

(32 Posts)
JustSpeakSense Thu 16-Jun-16 15:43:39

I ordered two pairs if shorts for my daughter from New Look online (she alreafy has a pair in black that fit her well) so I ordered a couple of different colours (same style) they have arrived and are completely different sizes to her original pair and to each other! What a waste of time (I thought online shopping was supposed to save us all time!) I am annoyed because she loves new look clothing and we spend a fair bit of money in there and this is not the first time we have noticed a discrepancy in sizing. Ok...rant over confused

JustSpeakSense Thu 16-Jun-16 15:45:15

I've attached a photo to show size difference!

lampshady Thu 16-Jun-16 15:45:48

Bizarrely, I have the same style of jeans from Next and they are the same - one pair fits, one is a squeeze and the other too loose.

I vaguely, vaguely remember reading somewhere that the dyes used effects the elasticity of the fabric, so black loses its shape quicker than blue denim. Annoying for you.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 16-Jun-16 15:45:51

YANBU. YABU to never have noticed though!

lampshady Thu 16-Jun-16 15:46:17

Oh wow, that's very different! Scrap what I just said - dye won't do that!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 16-Jun-16 15:46:29

Wow that is some difference!

RaeSkywalker Thu 16-Jun-16 15:51:59

shock I can't believe how bad that is! I'd be annoyed too.

I have 2 pairs of shorts that are apparently the same size and style but are actually very different fit-wise. One pair are definitely smaller than the other, but there's less than a cm in it, it's nowhere near as bad as your example!

FireTruckOhFireTruck Thu 16-Jun-16 15:52:36

YANBU - how ridiculous!

dementedpixie Thu 16-Jun-16 16:03:22

felicia how could the op have noticed if she ordered them online? She doesn't get to see them until she opens the package

Joolsy Thu 16-Jun-16 16:09:27

That's weird. What size are they? I assume the size is the same on all the labels.

Floggingmolly Thu 16-Jun-16 16:11:03

Are they actually labelled as being the same size? That's so ridiculous.

LadyBaelish Thu 16-Jun-16 16:14:07

YANBU. I had similar with jeans a few years ago (not New Look though), tried on a black pair and they fitted perfectly so picked up a blue pair in the exact same style and size...got home and they were a couple of inches bigger in the waist and longer in the leg!

LadyBaelish Thu 16-Jun-16 16:16:41

CM not inches blush I would have noticed that much difference even in a rush!

MrsDeVere Thu 16-Jun-16 16:17:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NKFell Thu 16-Jun-16 16:18:10

YANBU! You should tweet it, not to be a dick but just to try and get them to confirm, even just slightly!

Emochild Thu 16-Jun-16 16:20:54

Are they from the 9-15 range?

Their sizing is horrendous

Goingtobeawesome Thu 16-Jun-16 16:23:48

They don't know, or care you spend loads. It doesn't get you better service.

Black always comes up smaller than any other colour.

All shops are doing it. I tried on a jumper in four sizes in m and s recently. Barely any difference and the largest size I tried still didn't fit. I know I'm fat but not that over weight!

foursillybeans Thu 16-Jun-16 16:27:33

Are they an age 10 and a size 10?

YANBU to be annoyed but it's not a really big deal is it?

eatsleephockeyrepeat Thu 16-Jun-16 16:30:45

Yep, I had the same thing with New Look.

Ordered two skirts in slightly different patterns (same type of fabric), both a size 8. When they arrived one was a perfect fit and the other unwearable due to them having zip-up waistbands with absolutely zero stretch in the fabric!

There was a full 2 inch difference in the size of the waistbands - I measured.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 16-Jun-16 16:36:33

I've noticed this too with the sizing.
I bought a basic white long sleeved top from New Look and it was such thin cotton I may as well have been naked on my top half wearing it. The seams are badly stitched and wonky and quite often buttons are sewn on with one stitch so fall off immediately.

Either I'm getting more fussy with age, or New Look has gone seriously downhill.

JustSpeakSense Thu 16-Jun-16 16:50:02

They are both age 9 hmm I have emailed a complaint, and now await their response.

AppleMagic Thu 16-Jun-16 16:52:34

I ve had this with asos. It's really poor quality control.

trinitybleu Thu 16-Jun-16 17:11:06

My friend tells me this is because they'll have been manufactured in 2 different factories and the NL Fabric Technologist won't have specified the sizing properly with one of them.

Titsalinabumsquash Thu 16-Jun-16 17:12:46

This happened to me
In new look! I found a fab pair of jeans that fit me beautifully, so I went back the next day and got the same style/size but a different colour and i couldn't get the bloody things done up! They're were obviously more than a size difference in them.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Thu 16-Jun-16 17:13:15

Ah, all shops do this kind of bullshit now. As if shopping wasn't already a nightmare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now