To bollock them anyway *lighthearted*

(7 Posts)
lalalalyra Wed 15-Jun-16 18:51:09

This morning I came home from dropping DS2 early for his trip and found that the delightful teenagers (DS17 and DD's 13) had left the place in an absolute pigsty. The bread was open, butter left on the worktop, fridge not shut properly, coats knocked off rack etc. It looked like a bomb had exploded on the dining table from someone raking through books for one they obviously needed. On top of that there was a soggy towel over the bannister, a tap running in the bathroom and music on in two bedrooms (which are both a fucking pigsty).

I come home to that, plus tv blaring. I've got a 2.5yo and a 5 week old baby. DH left for work on Monday with his 2 week stint away being extended to 3 (which is good in a way as his home stint will be 4 weeks instead of 2, but it's still an extra week). I was going out for the day so just got what I needed, shut the door on it and planned in my head exactly how I was going to bollock them tonight.

Got home tonight after a lovely day with my friend, collected DS and walked into a spotless house, dinner made and three very apologetic teens. Turns out DD2 had put the tv on a +1 channel and they didn't realise the time was out of kilter until DD1's friend knocked on the door and they all left in a rush. They knew I was taking DS2 early for his trip, but hadn't realised it was only 20 minutes early. I have to accept a little bit of blame as the landing clock battery needs changed and they are not allowed mobiles upstairs overnight so they do have a habit of shouting down "What time is it?" in the mornings.

However I had prepared a very good bollocking as I normally can't think on the spot and now it's wasted! AIBU to give it anyway?

[you get all my moany shit so thought it only fair to share a good thing]

Janeymoo50 Wed 15-Jun-16 19:13:08

I'd let them know how much you appreciated their effort (but slightly boll*ck them too). Get one of them to sort the battery too.

HelenaJustina Wed 15-Jun-16 19:17:42

They sound fabulous! I'd probably cry happy tears instead of bollocking them...

FireTruckOhFireTruck Thu 16-Jun-16 15:43:48

Ah how sweet! Lovely surprise to come home to.

AlpacaPicnic Thu 16-Jun-16 15:49:06

I'd have a bit of a moan about the running tap, but nothing else!

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Thu 16-Jun-16 15:52:00

Save it for next time, they're teenagers so there will definitely be a next time. grin

ApocalypseSlough Thu 16-Jun-16 15:52:32

Lovely kids. I think the making a mess but then clearing it cancels out the initial mess. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now