Talk

Advanced search

to make a complaint about this delivery driver?

(11 Posts)
peppatax Wed 15-Jun-16 17:53:07

I pulled in front of a lorry for a well known sofa delivery company, who proceeded to overtake me honking his horn, pulled in front of me, blocked me in and got out and shouted at me through my window. I got a picture of him blocking me and his registration number but not his face as I was a little terrified. Should I complain? Who to? The company on the lorry?

Ginmakesitallok Wed 15-Jun-16 17:53:59

The police?

Flacidunicorn Wed 15-Jun-16 17:56:51

I'd complain to his company personally. I don't know what the police will do tbh?

What a nobhead he sounds though, hope your okay OP.

peppatax Wed 15-Jun-16 17:58:32

I am not sure an offence was committed apart from him being a prize cock.

Bookeatingboy Wed 15-Jun-16 17:58:52

Complain to the company explaining that you have pictures of the incident.

peppatax Wed 15-Jun-16 17:59:38

Thanks FlacidUnicorn - I'll live. Had a spectacularly bad day so he was wise to only shout at me and nothing more!

Toooldtobearsed Wed 15-Jun-16 18:04:33

Did you pull out in front of him, causing him to slam on his brakes? Not excusing his behaviour, but i recently had a car pull out of a side street and had to slam my brakes on, got a bit wiggly, and tbh, had a wee bit of road rage for a couple of minutes before regaining the grip.
Mine was limited to screaming verbal abuse within the confines of my car, but the electric shock of fear that runs through you when this happens is frightening.

As i say, no excuse for behaving like a knob, particularly blocking you in and shouting, just playing devils advocate.

Wolfiefan Wed 15-Jun-16 18:07:00

He sounds horrid. When you say you pulled in front of him though did you cause his to brake suddenly?

peppatax Wed 15-Jun-16 18:14:44

No, I'm sure there was enough space and I was clearly indicating to come across. Like you say, even if he thought I was in the wrong - no excuse for stopping traffic and verbal abuse!!

Kingsizecrochetblanket Wed 15-Jun-16 18:20:24

I would. In fact this very afternoon I wrote to a printing company about one of their drivers nearly driving into my car.

2gorgeousboys Wed 15-Jun-16 18:25:00

I would contact the company and complain giving as much information as possible.

I recently complained to a bus company about the intimidating behaviour of one of their drivers who also swore at me. They responded to say that the bus had a camera and they had spoken to their driver about his behaviour being unacceptable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now