AIBU to be pi**ed that neighbour is telling others my son has ADHD

(6 Posts)
WoopWoop200 Wed 15-Jun-16 17:50:21

He does not btw. And there would be nothing wrong if he had. He's my baby boy.

I just popped over to a neighbours (will call her A)for business reasons and she asked me "your little one has ADHD, doesn't he?" When i said no, she got flustered and tried the whole "hmmm....wonder whose kid i am thinking of that had ADHD then"

Now my son, had some behavioural issues in school, which after a formal investigation was found to be the schools fault. It had a big impact on his self confidence.

At the time of these issues i was friends with another neighbour (will call her B) and she was aware of what was going on. Long story short, we are no longer friends. B has now befriended A. And seeing as B is the only other person on the estate that knew about the issues, i can only assume she's been running her mouth off to A.

Gossip and bullshit about me. Fine. But my kid....WTF

AIBU to be pissed that my kid is being gossiped about? With lies...

How do i handle it? Do i even handle it??

I await your responses whilst i stab at a ben & jerrys with a spoon

EatShitDerek Wed 15-Jun-16 17:51:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WoopWoop200 Wed 15-Jun-16 17:55:17

It's her reaction that made me think so. Plus she has no reason to think it. The most she sees of my DS is when he walks to and fro the car

branofthemist Wed 15-Jun-16 17:56:44

You may be right, or she may have genuinely got your son confused with someone else's son.

The fact that there have been problems may be something she isn't aware of.

dizzyfucker Wed 15-Jun-16 17:56:56

You told her no and she's moved on with it. I would let it go. It sounds like B is about 12 though.

BertrandRussell Wed 15-Jun-16 17:57:05

Smile and wave.

It really, really doesn't matter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now