Talk

Advanced search

Weber BBQ and smoke?

(6 Posts)
LazySusan11 Wed 15-Jun-16 08:52:31

Im looking at getting a BBQ love the charcoal ones as I find the flavours nicer, however we live with neighbours either side and I don't want to be that neighbour who's BBQ billows out smoke irritating the others and stinking them all out.

Does anyone have a Weber charcoal if so does it really smoke badly like some do?

Blu Wed 15-Jun-16 08:59:39

'Kettle' BBQs with kids, like Weber, are designed for the long slow lid on style of BBQing that Ameticans excel at and we haven't quite mastered, in general. Used this way, with lid on, there will be v little smoke. Of course you can grill directly on uncovered charcoal, it shouldn't smoke too much once lit , and if you wait till the charcoal has settled down and all white before grilling. I think chucking fatty sausages on to a far-too-hot BBQ accounts for a lot of the smoke (and burnt sausages, charred outside, raw inside chicken etc).

Technique is everything ! My American BIL managed to BBQ without too much smoke, I am working on it !

Blu Wed 15-Jun-16 09:00:14

Oops, lids, not kids!

Katkincake Wed 15-Jun-16 09:02:14

We have one (it's baby blue and looks cute) We generally start it off with the lid off to get flames going so it'll smoke then. But when lid is on and it's cooking we only get a thin wisp of smoke out of the lid, you'll obviously have some smoke when you take lid off to get food out / check it. You won't avoid all smoke / smells but have less than a regular open bbq.

We have neighbours either side too, we just check for washing and postpone it for a bit or move bbq to end of patio where neighbours don't have washing out (fortunately we have a wide patio/garden). Don't let it stop you.

hooliodancer Wed 15-Jun-16 09:05:47

We have one, it's brilliant! It doesn't smoke, it has lots of vents to prevent it.

You must try pizza and flatbread on it. Gorgeous

LazySusan11 Wed 15-Jun-16 09:20:38

Thank you! Which ones do you have, we just bought my dad the Master touch and dh has being eyeing it. Not sure we need something will all bells and whistles though do I?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now