Talk

Advanced search

to think that most people are impatient when they are waiting for something?

(8 Posts)
Bogeyface Tue 14-Jun-16 12:59:03

Getting my new car on Friday, it has been an ongoing saga for the last 6 weeks and finally I am getting it. All good.

I was a bit pissed off at the delays but that has actually worked in my favour, so again all is good. I accpeted I was going to have to wait, so I did with no fuss and no comments. Yet now, because its finally this week that its happening I have become really impatient and find myself saying "I cant wait until Friday...I wish I could pick it up today.....". H said that I needed to be patient, I pointed out that I have no choice but to wait, its just that I am excited and want it NOW!

He said that nobody else is as impatient as me, that normal people dont get wound up waiting for something and that I need to learn to be more patient.

Is he right? I thought that most people were like me!

Oysterbabe Tue 14-Jun-16 13:01:13

Yanbu. You should have seen me when pregnant, every day it was like 205 days to go!!!!

ApocalypseNowt Tue 14-Jun-16 13:01:19

He said that nobody else is as impatient as me

Your DH must know all the people for that claim to be true.

Patience is over-rated. I'd be impatient too if i was in the same situation!

MarmiteAndMagnums Tue 14-Jun-16 13:06:58

I'd be climbing the walls if I was In your situation! When I have a delivery coming anyone would think they were delivering my child, I'm so impatient. It's definitely not just you

wasonthelist Tue 14-Jun-16 13:09:29

Judging by behaviour on roads, tubes, planes etc, I'd agree, most people are impatient to some degree.

Bogeyface Tue 14-Jun-16 13:09:36

Oh blimey, pregnancy is the WORST for impatient people, I was like that too!

I think because he never sees other people being impatient, he assumes that they never are. Like the time when we were arguing and he said that no one else argues in their relationships like we do. I pointed out that our best friends were on the verge of splitting up, so they must fall out they just dont argue in front of an audience. He did concede that point!

Bogeyface Tue 14-Jun-16 13:12:50

I feel like a kid at Xmas. I know what Santa is bringing and I cant wait to play with it but its not even Xmas Eve Eve yet grin

IcaMorgan Tue 14-Jun-16 13:57:52

I was like that waiting for my new wheelchair last week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now