Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to pick DD1 up from school with DD2 when she has chickenpox?

(9 Posts)
EccentricPickle Tue 14-Jun-16 10:38:46

Ok, so I noticed that DD2 had a few chickenpox spots on Friday night and by Saturday morning she was completely covered. Obviously we've kept her in all weekend and she's been off school today and yesterday.

DD1 is showing no signs of the dreaded pox, although I expect that they'll make an appearance within the next two weeks, so she's at school. I managed to get somebody to walk her to school today and yesterday and someone else to pick her up yesterday afternoon but I don't have anyone who can pick her up this afternoon.

So my AIBU is: would I be stupid to pick her up this afternoon and take DD2 with me? DD1 is at a club after school so it will be a later pick up than usual with not as many people around. Most of DD2's spots have crusted over, but not all of them and I'm worried because there are often pregnant women and babies at pick up.

Am I being over-cautious, will we be OK as we'll be in the open air?

I can't drive so leaving DD2 in the car isn't an option either.

EccentricPickle Tue 14-Jun-16 10:39:30

Sorry, that was bloody long!

Floggingmolly Tue 14-Jun-16 10:41:33

How old is dd2? Can you keep her in the buggy with the rain hood on (you'd be doing that here anyway, it's peeing down).

DonkeyOaty Tue 14-Jun-16 10:42:18

Is there a parent who could bring dd out to you?

EccentricPickle Tue 14-Jun-16 10:42:58

DD2 is 5 and a half so no buggy or pram unfortunately.

WorraLiberty Tue 14-Jun-16 10:43:10

I wondered about a buggy, but then realised she's school age.

I would take her and just keep her completely away from other people.

PotteringAlong Tue 14-Jun-16 10:43:48

Just pick her up. If you've got no other options there's not another option.

Floggingmolly Tue 14-Jun-16 10:45:37

Oh, school age blush. I'd call the school office, see what they suggest. They might be able to keep your dd till the end and then have the teacher walk her out to you.

EccentricPickle Tue 14-Jun-16 10:55:26

Thanks for the suggestions. I've texted DD1's friend's mum to see if she can bring her out to me after so hopefully her DD goes to the same club and she'll be able to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now