I get so pissed off when people cannot hear me on the phone

(17 Posts)
HarryPlopperChopper Mon 13-Jun-16 14:50:26

I literally shout down the phone and still some people are like "sorry can you say that again' it's so God dam annoying! I have a Samsung s6 and I have been to Samsung who have said my phone is fine.
So is it just the receptionist fault?
It's not everyone just certain places I call. My friends seem to understand me fine and I don't talk to them like I'm a robot.
I have to speak slow and loud mouth is by the mic and people still don't get what I'm saying. I don't exactly have a complicated name.

Does this annoy anyone else? Maybe I'm just super sensitive. angry

Dementedswan Mon 13-Jun-16 14:51:53

Perhaps the person on the other end of the phone is hard of hearing and your particular accent is hard to understand.

WreckTangled Mon 13-Jun-16 14:55:24

We get this all the time at work. People phone us on their mobiles and it's so hard to hear them. I work at a Drs surgery (I'm the receptionist you all hate wink) and when you're in a room with three other people all on the phone and usually wearing a headset it's a nightmare.

TroysMammy Mon 13-Jun-16 14:57:10

I'm a receptionist and I have hearing difficulties especially with mobiles. Being outside and it's noisy or windy or being in the car when traffic is whooshing by, being softly spoken, bad reception or even colleagues talking in the background causes problems. So please give us a break we are trying our best.

HarryPlopperChopper Mon 13-Jun-16 14:58:57

Oh you guys are making me feel bad now sad I never worked over that phone so don't know what ito is like

Arfarfanarf Mon 13-Jun-16 15:01:13

mobile phones can be buggers.
the times my husband phones me and you wouldn't believe how often either I can hear him clear as a bell and he's saying "what what sorry are you there hello hello" or vv !

Birdsgottafly Mon 13-Jun-16 15:02:07

My DDs frequently phone me (damn unlimited packages), when they are out and about and regardless of the background noise, they expect me to be able to hear them.

It's very frustrating, when they get annoyed at me asking them to repeat what they said, or to phone back another time.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Mon 13-Jun-16 15:04:43

YABU and rude, it's not like they can't hear you on purpose.

MadamDeathstare Mon 13-Jun-16 15:08:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FeckinCrutches Mon 13-Jun-16 15:13:15

Mobiles are so annoying. I used to make appointments for people, and while they can hear you perfectly well, it's so hard to hear them sometimes. They're often not at home either so outside/walking/in a car and it's so tricky to hear with the extra background noise.

MikeHat Mon 13-Jun-16 15:15:39

My nightmare at work is answering the caller who seems to be whispering from another room. Sometimes it's someone in an office who is on the phone a lot and rather than use a headset they tuck it under their chin so I can't hear. More often it's a mobile.

WreckingBallsInsideMyHead Mon 13-Jun-16 15:40:46

Yadnbu

I work in a call centre and it's so frustrating when someone just can't hear you, obviously speaking loudly and clearly and not using extra words "what's your name?" Instead of "could you give me your full name including any middle names please?"

I'm sure it's frustrating for them too, but they have it for a five minute call snd I have it all day!

officebairn Mon 13-Jun-16 15:47:48

on the flip side of the coin I get so pissed off when people make calls in an open plan office and feel the need to properly yell down the phone. Is there any need to be so loud??? angry

Princesspeach1980 Mon 13-Jun-16 15:49:25

Mobiles with background noise, combined with noisy call centre/office at the other end is never a good combination.

magicstar1 Mon 13-Jun-16 15:49:30

Swap phones with someone else and ring it so you can hear from the other side

StarryIllusion Mon 13-Jun-16 15:52:09

Shouting makes it worse. The louder you yell the more it distorts your voice esp if you talk fast.

AlmaMartyr Mon 13-Jun-16 15:52:28

I'm hard of hearing and really struggle on a phone, especially when people call on a mobile. I avoid making calls on mine because I can't hear properly on it. It always makes my heart sink at work when people ring up on a mobile. All the background noise makes it especially difficult.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now