To be sat on my bed while my fitbit charges...

(33 Posts)
CheeseAndSprinkleys Mon 13-Jun-16 08:50:17

I dont want to waste steps!!

It's nearly done, I think, I've already got showered and dressed, I'm not wasting anymore unclocked steps.

branofthemist Mon 13-Jun-16 08:53:16

I do the same. Only charge it while I am not doing anything and feel reluctant to even move. I charged mine overnight last night. grin

CheeseAndSprinkleys Mon 13-Jun-16 09:06:59

I normally charge it overnight, but forgot, now I'm lazily mumsnetting, which isn't a bad thing smile

CheeseAndSprinkleys Mon 13-Jun-16 09:07:27

Could do with a brew though

HumbleCrumble Mon 13-Jun-16 09:08:10

YANBU, I charge mine while I'm in the shower since I'm taking it off anyway. I do slightly resent the 20 or so steps that I lose out on walking from the socket to the shower...

GettingScaredNow Mon 13-Jun-16 09:18:22

Hahaha,
Yes I do this!
I try to coincide the charge with when I study cos I usually am just sat for an hour or 2 then.

But sometimes I forget to put it back on and feel quite annoyed when I remember and think about the uncounted steps!

I've been known to go home and get it when walking to the high street

CheeseAndSprinkleys Mon 13-Jun-16 09:24:04

This really is a 21st century problem!

They need to design them so they recharge as we use them, like my watch recharges as I move, or summat like that anyway confused

Krampus Mon 13-Jun-16 09:57:16

Yanbu

Aspergallus Mon 13-Jun-16 09:59:33

YANBU! No reason to move without it on!

blueskyinmarch Mon 13-Jun-16 10:01:00

I charge mine in the evening when i am watching TV. I get cross if i get up to make a cup of tea and don’t put it on!

lalaloopyhead Mon 13-Jun-16 10:03:10

Yes I do this! Or sometimes I forget I've left it charging and think 'what a waste!' when I realise I have done lots of steps around the house.

Went to Download on Saturday and forgot to check the battery level before I left....I'd already done my 10k by lunch time and then I noticed it died and some point. I was gutted to get home and discover it had given up after 15,600 steps - I think I must have done double that!

Princesspeach1980 Mon 13-Jun-16 10:03:17

I had to go upstairs to the kids twice yesterday while mine was on charge and felt so resentful! grin

CheeseAndSprinkleys Mon 13-Jun-16 10:11:49

I'm so glad it's not just me grin

Fitbit, are you reading this??? Sort it please, a self charging one is needed. We cannot keep wasting steps. It's stressing us out!

whatamidoinghereanyway Mon 13-Jun-16 10:14:15

Do you have fit bit in your phone-mine has mobile track so if it's charging I take my phone around with me and it still counts the steps!

FluffyPersian Mon 13-Jun-16 10:21:59

I do the same! I usually charge it whilst I read Mumsnet and resent going to the toilet or making a cup of tea as that's steps that won't be counted grin.

I don't know about you guys, but I really think it's made a massive difference to my life. As well as walking around like a loon just before bed to get my 10,000 steps, I'm a lot more likely to 'go the extra mile' (quite literally) if it makes everything 'green' on my phone.

I thought it might be another gimmick, but having had it 6 months, I still love it and wear it 24/7 (Unless it's charging and then I sit as still as possible!)

BusyNothings Mon 13-Jun-16 10:30:34

I used to do this until I realised you can add your lost steps!

Diamogs Mon 13-Jun-16 11:47:43

So general consensus is that a fitbit is worth the money from reading above? MN costs me so much money!

gamerchick Mon 13-Jun-16 11:50:20

Heh I sit may arse down when its charging as well grin

PirateFairy45 Mon 13-Jun-16 13:02:24

Haha I do this too!

PirateFairy45 Mon 13-Jun-16 13:03:05

How do you add steps?

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Mon 13-Jun-16 13:04:17

I usually charge mind when I have some downtime. It's a Charge, so doesn't take long, anyway.

peasareevilcreatures Mon 13-Jun-16 13:05:59

I took mine off to go in the hot tub on saturday night and forgot about it and left it outside all night in the rain. The next morning it registered 34k steps. I'm doing that again!!

PirateFairy45 Mon 13-Jun-16 13:12:16

I literally got up, moved to other room then remembered if not put it back on, so took the biggest strides and littlest amount of stops to get back to the Fitbit... Sad!!

thisonethennomore Mon 13-Jun-16 13:20:21

I do the same. I've got a One so put it in my dressing gown pocket in the morning so I don't miss those vital tea making steps.
I had a whole day without it last week and I'm now at the bottom of my friends leader board <<gutted>>

Geordiegirl79 Mon 13-Jun-16 13:41:51

I don't have one, but these posts are so funny! smile I can imagine it would be something I could become obsessed by.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now