Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To have absolutely no recollection of what DD was like at 4?

(11 Posts)
TheWizardOfOs Sun 12-Jun-16 22:15:51

I have a long and complicated social communication questionnaire to fill in. (DD has Aspergers).

I have absolutely no idea if she did eye contact, imagination games, conversations, gestures etc. She's 18!

Is that normal or have I just blanked the hideousness of it all from my memory?

coco1810 Mon 13-Jun-16 09:41:06

I would say that's pretty normal tbh. Unless you religiously filled in a development book in anticipation of such a questionnaire, I think that's an impossible question to answer. brew and cake to get through the form.

dataandspot Mon 13-Jun-16 09:46:26

I have to fill in a questionnaire that asks the same thing and it's only 7 years for me and I can't do it!!!

Is it the same questionnaire? Is the age 4-5 section at the end?

Mine asks for an answer to all questions but some of the questions I have no clue!

Emochild Mon 13-Jun-16 09:52:50

I had to do the same thing when dd was 14

I ended up getting the photo album out to jog my memory

I had a photo of her with a dolls house at mil's house
Then remembered that although she did a very good impression of playing with it, actually she would meticulously place the furniture in the correct room, in the correct place and then scream at her sister if she dared move anything

Photo of her getting a bead set at Christmas -she loved that bead set well she loved sorting the beads into different colours and never actually made anything with it

TheWizardOfOs Mon 13-Jun-16 09:55:23

Will get photos out.

celeBetty Mon 13-Jun-16 09:57:54

Sowee Bad english (that allowed on here?), My Gert was a Joker @ 4 he smile for first time then as had probee with his snookie sad all fix now tho happy wee bow now smile Gert made me wonda

Emochild Mon 13-Jun-16 11:05:04

hmm

toffee1000 Tue 14-Jun-16 19:06:26

celeBetty

WTF??

Teddy1970 Tue 14-Jun-16 19:13:39

I think it's normal, I have a 4 year old girl and I struggle to remember her newborn days, it passed quickly in a sleep deprived haze! I'm sure I will struggle to remember what she was like at 4 when she's 18 too!

almostthirty Tue 14-Jun-16 19:16:40

Don't worry, ds is 4 and we've just had to fill out a similar form and write down things such as she contact when bottle of breast feeding etc and I didn't have a clue and that was only 4 years ago!!

FromthePinkGlitterySide Tue 14-Jun-16 19:52:48

If she was anything like my dd aged 4 is at the moment, I should think your mind has erased all the memories to protect your sanity. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now