To be a bit annoyed?

(7 Posts)
streetdog Sun 12-Jun-16 20:44:50

Dd attends an out of school sport. She has been attending 18 months.

There are two clubs. DDS and a sister club which is run separately but very closely linked.

The sister club takes ALL kids from beginners level to competitions who want to whether he thinks they will win or not.

I don't mean major competitions just interclub type things.

DDS club only takes the high grades he know will win, a couple of his 'favourites' and his own low grade sons.

DD is fairly high grade and has never been to any competition. She is desperate to compete and says rightly so by the time she does compete she will be competing with kids who have been competing since beginner level and at a disadvantage sad
She came home again last night to facebook full of aren't our club amazing photos and it is getting her down.

Aibu to be a bit annoyed?

The kids get selected for bigger competitions from the interclubs, the sister club has loads of lower levels at the bigger competitions but dd has no chance as she's not even doing the interclubs.

I would like to move to the sister club but it will just be too awkward.

RaeSkywalker Sun 12-Jun-16 20:46:29

Sounds like the clubs just have a different ethos- if she wants to compete, I'd move her, and explain why.

MrHannahSnell Sun 12-Jun-16 20:47:57

Why would it be awkward? You have a perfectly valid reason for moving to the other club. Just go.

HereIAm20 Sun 12-Jun-16 20:51:23

Another vote for going as it would as she has said herself give her the competitive edge. Don't just stay for the kudos of being at the so called high grade club.

BeYourselfUnlessUCanBeAUnicorn Sun 12-Jun-16 20:55:21

YANBU. I have a similar issue but with school. DS is pretty sporty and desperate to do the school sports stuff. He isnt the very best but he's not far behind. However the school are shit at choosing who to take and it's either the same ones every time, and some of them are quite bad and our school does very badly when competing against other schools, or 'we have to include everyone' and DS still gets over looked, bar 1 time. It's really getting him down tbh as they even tested them the other day, DS came 2nd and 3rd and convinced he would be chosen and still wasn't, more girls were chosen instead and I am having to put up with a very grumpy and increasingly despondent child who doesn't see the point in trying.

In your situation I'd have to move to the other club. These things have an effect and your DD may well stop bothering at all in a minute.

streetdog Sun 12-Jun-16 21:04:19

I dont think it would go down well with the current instructor if she moved to the sister club (they are on the same days so cannot use that excuse) and I'm not convinced the sister instructor would want to step on toes by taking her.

I can find a club elsewhere not connected.
(actually just been on one and the first picture I saw was a load of low grade kids with medals)

Just wasn't sure if iwbu really.

edwinbear Sun 12-Jun-16 21:43:40

Move your child. You have far more allegiance to your child than a sports club. It may be awkward in the short term, but a bit of short term pain is surely worth the long term gain?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now