To be so excited at the thought

(8 Posts)
HenryIX Sun 12-Jun-16 17:04:33

Of having a cleaner start tomorrow? I work full time, and from now on she will come.every Monday. I won't have to spend me weekend cleaning. I don't think I've been so excited about anything for ages.
I've warned Dh and Dcs not to make any mess after school before I get home, I want to see it looking lovely.

Itriedtodohandstandsforyou Sun 12-Jun-16 18:06:03

Good luck keeping it clean...impossible in my house.

Pinkheart5915 Sun 12-Jun-16 18:07:26

I've got a cleaner, she comes 2 times a week for 3 hours and it's great we do manage to keep it clean in between.

I was excited before mine started too

fryingtoday Sun 12-Jun-16 18:23:43

It is truly wonderful coming home to a cleaned house every week - savour!!!!

HenryIX Sun 12-Jun-16 19:06:24

I hope i can keep it reasonable in between cleans. Dcs will have to keep their rooms tidy so it can be cleaned.

Orda1 Sun 12-Jun-16 19:11:34

I've been considering this OP. Can I be cheeky and ask what the going rate is and what do they actually do? I also hate spending weekends cleaning! So boring.

fryingtoday Sun 12-Jun-16 19:13:33

Depends where you live. I pay 25 a week. This is for 3 hours - dusts and cleans all house, does Loos etc, and also any ironing I leave out.

HenryIX Sun 12-Jun-16 19:37:02

£11an hour. We are in the. South of England. We have agreed just dusting, hoovering, as well as bathrooms and kitchen. Have to wait and see what she actually gets done in the two hours a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now