Talk

Advanced search

To ask cleaner to change the bedding?

(41 Posts)
museumum Sat 11-Jun-16 20:19:48

Is this a real no-no?

I've never had a cleaner before. Bed changing is my least favourite job. I'd love her to do it.
I wouldn't mind stripping them, i it would be more acceptable to just ask her to make them up?

What do you think?

Iknownuffink Sat 11-Jun-16 20:23:25

My daughter strips the beds and her cleaner makes it up.

You can only ask.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 11-Jun-16 20:23:28

Mine (and the last 2) have stripped, washed, ironed and made up. I bloody love it.

ABCAlwaysBeCunting Sat 11-Jun-16 20:23:58

Ours does. We strip the bed and leave new sheets out and she puts them on. It's deprived DH of the opportunity to drape the duvet cover over his head and pretend to be a ghost though.

ABCAlwaysBeCunting Sat 11-Jun-16 20:24:35

In fact, we didn't even ask her to do it, she just did it!

PlanBwastaken Sat 11-Jun-16 20:25:53

I do this, changing sheets and cleaning toilets are my least favourite jobs and the luxury of getting someone else to do them is immense. The feeling of fresh sheets put on by someone else is lovely!

Alasalas2 Sat 11-Jun-16 20:26:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PPie10 Sat 11-Jun-16 20:26:45

Why would she not do it?

MsVestibule Sat 11-Jun-16 20:27:04

YANBU to ask. At worst, she can say no, but unless her insurance doesn't cover her for it, I can't see why it would be a problem.

OhThatThingAgain Sat 11-Jun-16 20:28:16

My cleaner does the beds and puts the bedding in the washing machine/dryer and folds it. She has clients who have their bed linen changed (and ironed) every two days!

I just asked if she was ok to do it, and she said yes. I didn't realise she'd wash and dry too. It's a godsend.

JustBoppinAlong Sat 11-Jun-16 20:28:19

I am a cleaner. Most customers who want bedding changing will strip the bed and then leave clean bedding on top of the bed. We then put the new bedding on.
If the bed hasn't been stripped but has clean bedding on top of the bed, then we will strip it and put the dirty bedding somewhere that has dirty washing / in the washer / or in a little neat pile somewhere.

It doesn't bother me touching dirty bedding. After all I clean customers toilets? So bedding isn't really any worse.

indecisivedoctor Sat 11-Jun-16 20:29:28

Ours does. And puts the dirty sheets on to wash.

I really love it. A previous cleaner though was a bit funny about it though, although eventually agreed she initially said "oh we usually only do that for the old and frail" confused

RacO Sat 11-Jun-16 20:29:34

My cleaner changes the bed sheets. We never specified when she started but she does and it's wonderful coming back to a clean house and fresh sheets.

iMatter Sat 11-Jun-16 20:30:45

My cleaner strips the beds and puts clean sheets on.

holidaysarenice Sat 11-Jun-16 20:30:47

I'd be surprised if a cleaner didn't change the beds?

eurochick Sat 11-Jun-16 20:32:13

I strip off the old sheets and she puts on the new. I don't really want someone to have to deal with my sweaty shagged on sheets.

Ifiwasabadger Sat 11-Jun-16 20:34:09

YANBU it's the first thing I want any cleaner to do. We have a super King with a heavy goose feather duvet. I hate changing the sheets. Haven't done so for over 8 years.

IncidentalAnarchist Sat 11-Jun-16 20:36:07

Ours strips and changes our bed. It's heaven

museumum Sat 11-Jun-16 21:12:11

Oh fantastic!!!

It's not in the list of things the company gave us to mark as "essential" or "other" which were supposed to discuss together on her first visit.
For bedrooms it just has hoover, dust/polish, tidy beds.
I don't have stuff that needs polishing, don't care about dusting, kitchen is cleaned as we use it, so really just want floors hoovered and mopped, bathrooms cleaned and beds changed.

MatildaTheCat Sat 11-Jun-16 21:20:29

Absolutely my cleaners have always changed our beds and I don't strip them either. But do allow for the time it takes, longer than you might think. When my sons lived at home I did their beds one week and ours the next. Now they have left we have clean bedding every week which is bloody lovely. They put the bedding in the right place for laundry.

I've always wondered if the queen has fresh bedding every day...that's my idea of heaven. grin

Sassypants82 Sat 11-Jun-16 21:24:24

Yes, I strip it & leave the clean bedding out, she makes it up.

Peasandsweetcorn Sat 11-Jun-16 21:29:43

I know it is MN heresy to only change bedding once a fortnight, but our cleaner strips the bed, puts on clean sheets & puts the dirty ones in the wash on one week & irons it all the following week as the tasks take similar amounts of time.

harshbuttrue1980 Sat 11-Jun-16 21:31:55

If the bedding is dirty, I think you should strip it off first. Cleaners are people just trying to earn an honest living, and I don't think they should be left with really grimy jobs. Likewise, its fine for them to clean the loo, but you should clean your own skidmarks, rinse the toothpaste from the sink and just generally be decent to her. I did a bit of cleaning when I was a uni student - the lovely clients got our best efforts, and the ones who acted like Lady Muck...well, let's just say that the male member of the cleaning team (also a student) had creative ways of getting back at them. One time, for a real bitch of a client, this involved the client's toothbrush and the cleaner's backside :-)

DanglyEarOrnaments Sat 11-Jun-16 21:34:34

We are a cleaning company and we offer bed change as an additional service, for a small additional fee.

Some do it some don't. It depends if it's something that they do offer, I imagine it might be.

NapQueen Sat 11-Jun-16 21:36:27

If I had a cleaner I'd have to ask her to put fresh sheets on our bed one week and the kids the other week. I don't have masses need doing so this would be a main job tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now