To think hubby should have gone to the shop to buy me chocolate

(38 Posts)
onceuponadream2016 Fri 10-Jun-16 21:24:04

Reasonably lighthearted,

We're currently on calorie controlled diets and therefore have nothing "naughty" in the house. Based on today's activity I actually have some calories left over and had hinted before putting our daughter (3mo) to bed that he might go and buy me a choccie bar from the corner shop (we have two within a short walking distance) - he claims the first he heard of it was when I came downstairs an hour and a half later when I "demanded" he go buy me chocolate.

Our daughter is BF (my calorie allowance reflects this) and is fed when she wakes therefore meaning I'm reluctant to go anywhere myself as if she wakes it'll take her longer to resettle if I'm not there. Husband doesn't see why he should go as "it's only round the corner" and she "doesn't normally wake at this time anyway"

I'll add that he's great in every other way, helps out with daughter without question, shares cooking and cleaning etc
So AIBU to expect him to go buy me chocolate ??

In any case the shops have since shut and I'm sat eating 25g of unsatisfying rainbow buttons that have been sat in the cupboard since Halloween... Bah

ssd Fri 10-Jun-16 21:25:23

YANBU at all

TowerRavenSeven Fri 10-Jun-16 21:28:46

Is he on the diet too? If he is, does he have calories left? Does he like chocolate? If he is on the diet likes chocolate and has no calories left then Yabu asking him to get you some. I know all about eating waxy chocolate...I wolfed down some very unsatisfying chocolate chips the other day.

He should have gone, YANBU

Arfarfanarf Fri 10-Jun-16 21:45:00

I dont think id be rushing to the shop for chocolate so i could sit and watch someone else eat it

SevenNationArmy Fri 10-Jun-16 21:45:59

I feel your pain, DP went to the shop to buy 2 things (chocolate and tonic!) and came back with no chocolate! I'll just have to have more gin wine

StarlingMurmuration Fri 10-Jun-16 21:46:07

I'm with Tower. It's not fair to send him out for chocolate that he's not allowed to eat.

RealityCheque Fri 10-Jun-16 21:46:24

You want chocolate. You go and get it.

You're not a child so stop acting like one. Baby will be fine with dad IF they wake for ten minutes.

YABU. And entitled.

fanjoforthemammaries Fri 10-Jun-16 21:48:38

Grinch alert.

Op yANbU

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Fri 10-Jun-16 21:50:23

Christ.... Are you some sort of princess or something? Entitled? Yes reality I fully agree!

SanityClause Fri 10-Jun-16 21:50:38

Of course YABU.

If you want chocolate, go and get it, yourself.

Your PFB will survive with a cuddle from Daddy for 5 minutes, on the off chance she wakes up.

EvansOvalPies Fri 10-Jun-16 21:50:44

YABU (if only for the references to 'hubby' and 'choccie') Reasonably Lighthearted wink

But yes, if you want chocolate, get it yourself. It's not as though you're going to be gone for more than 10 minutes, is it?

LexieSinclair Fri 10-Jun-16 21:50:58

Agree with RealityCheque. Walk to the shop to get your own and burn off some calories.

fanjoforthemammaries Fri 10-Jun-16 21:53:52

How dare you start a lighthearted thread OP?

I think this lot need some choccie

HackerFucker22 Fri 10-Jun-16 21:56:32

What are rainbow buttons?

DP and I have a rule here and it's whoever is the most dressed goes to the shop. You can see said shop from our house.

gabsdot Fri 10-Jun-16 21:57:32

I just read the title of the thread an of course YANBU

Skittlesss Fri 10-Jun-16 21:59:16

I was agreeing with you until your feeble excuse that you had to stay in case baby woke up. Sure he'd have been fine with her.

dudsville Fri 10-Jun-16 22:01:35

I think this would qualify as you asking him to do you a favour and you weren't clear about it, didn't say please, and he didn't respond to say he would. So you made an assumption that your utterance was enough. It clearly wasn't so YABU.

CuttedUpPear Fri 10-Jun-16 22:02:46

YABU for the use of the odious term 'hubby'

envy < vom

Wolfiefan Fri 10-Jun-16 22:04:21

Yep. No sympathy that hubby didn't buy you choccie!
chocolate

BastardGoDarkly Fri 10-Jun-16 22:04:39

Hacker are you never tempted to sit in your pants as often as possible?

EasternDailyStress Fri 10-Jun-16 22:05:14

If you wanted chocolate, then you should have made it quite clear. "DH please go and get me some chocolate."

YABU for calling him hubby though.

BastardGoDarkly Fri 10-Jun-16 22:06:09

And yes, the whole op is VFU.

DaveCamoron Fri 10-Jun-16 22:06:32

Get it yourself.

Ameliablue Fri 10-Jun-16 22:07:23

If he's on a diet and can't have any, is unreasonable to expect him to go. If it is close enough that it isn't much effort, then the baby waking really shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now