Talk

Advanced search

Leave pork alone!

(14 Posts)
christmasmum Fri 10-Jun-16 19:03:00

AIBU to think leave pork alone - why must it always be pulled? I'm so bloody sick of hearing about and constantly being served pulled fricking pork.

Can someone please invent a new recipe?

operaha Fri 10-Jun-16 19:04:50

I quite like the pulling, it's covering it in ville bbq sauce that baffles me. Why?!

christmasmum Fri 10-Jun-16 19:06:31

Exactly! Perfectly lovely crisp roast pork that could have been. Oh no - let's 'pull it' and cover in disgusting sauce - much better.

No.

TheNaze73 Fri 10-Jun-16 19:09:24

I like both however, I do agree with you, roast pork is far better

ALemonyPea Fri 10-Jun-16 19:10:40

I liked pulled pork before it was trendy, not it's everywhere and not as nice. Hope the fad dies soon.

christmasmum Fri 10-Jun-16 19:19:47

I saw it being served in a service station the other day - it's officially no longer cool and cheffy - move along, everyone, move along.

Campaign for Roast Actual Pork (CRAP) - (with proper crackling and apple sauce)

emwithme Fri 10-Jun-16 20:49:55

YANBU - and don't get me started on places that charge a supplement for belly pork! It's what my Gran would eat when she was skint. It's pauper food. It should NOT be served in posh restaurants for mega-bucks.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 10-Jun-16 20:54:00

I love pork belly, pulled pork or chops, not so much.

molyholy Fri 10-Jun-16 20:59:17

Yanbu. I am sick to death of it. Just roast a nice piece of pork, with lovely crispy crackling and stop pulling the fucker. I like it, but can't wait for the fad to die down. It's nice once in a while. But not all the time, everywhere you feckin go.

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Fri 10-Jun-16 20:59:34

DH likes his pork pulled.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Fri 10-Jun-16 21:00:02

Totally agree, pulled pork is awful, I like my meat to have some texture not be all soft and falling apart. I don't like hog roasts either, shredded pork in a bun is not for me.

Roast pork - yes, but never, ever with apple sauce, mustard for me, I don't like fruit with my meat.

imonaplane Fri 10-Jun-16 21:02:49

Stick that just made me choke on my Malbec! Sign me up for CRAP please! grin

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Fri 10-Jun-16 21:11:38

I thought this was going to be a thread about Pork Hollywood

TrollTrekkingAcrossTheUniverse Fri 10-Jun-16 21:18:12

I don't mind pulled pork as a 'thing'.

What I object to is its extension to everything else. Who needs pulled pork added to a burger? Or to other foodstuffs where either pork is wholly unnecessary or the pork representative should more properly be bacon.

And don't get me started on pulled chicken.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now