Talk

Advanced search

Wwyd?

(19 Posts)
Amy214 Fri 10-Jun-16 17:50:36

My neighbour smokes weed, occasionally there is people coming and going throughout the day but at night he leaves at all hours 'walking his dog'. When im sitting in the garden i can smell it (i get paranoid incase my washing will smell of it but it never does) if the garden im in starts smelling i will go into the other garden (i have 2 gardens on opposite sides of the house, terraced house) if i've been out all day and have just walked into my house it really stinks! After a while its gone (because i've gotten used to it) it makes me feel sick and gives me a headache! If i open my window at night my room smells within 5 minutes.
Today i walked into my house after being out all day and it made me physically sick and has put me off my dinner (it was really strong!) when i mentioned this to my DF he said that he could be growing it as well as smoking it. I've been thinking and there has been more 'visitors' to his house recently.

My main concern is my 2 year old dd, luckilly her room doesn't smell yet but ive been leaving her window open (locked on a latch, half an inch every night as its very warm) im scared incase shes breathing it in all night and im not aware. DM told me to phone the police but i don't want him to know it was me as i seem to be the only neighbour affected by this, no one else has mentioned it (i am not close to any neighbours)

AliceInUnderpants Fri 10-Jun-16 17:52:30

If your house stinks through the walls, that suggests more than him smoking the odd joint. I'd suspect he may be growing.

Amy214 Fri 10-Jun-16 18:07:05

Should i report it? Can i do this anonymously?

PlymouthMaid1 Fri 10-Jun-16 19:11:29

It does sound as though he is growing and dealing the stuff. I am sure you would be able to report anonymously. Growing it could possible affect your house with damp too.

Amy214 Fri 10-Jun-16 21:15:47

I'll report him asap, im more worried about dds room being affected. I dont want my house being affected with damp.

FadedRed Fri 10-Jun-16 21:24:24

Growing weed is also a fire risk, which is more worrying than the odour or damp issue IMO, especially worrying in an attached house.
You can report anonymously on Crimestoppers.

Senpai Fri 10-Jun-16 21:27:42

Tell him Taco Bell is giving out free dorito tacos on the other side of town. That should keep him busy for a while.

I'd honestly be more worried about the type of people he's attracting than the smoke. What happens when there's a dispute between two people who are already showing they have no problems breaking the law?

Amy214 Sat 11-Jun-16 09:38:38

Im getting worried about people mixing us up for them and coming to our house instead and getting angry when we tell them no..
I think its in the room thats next door to my bedroom as the smell is stronger in my room. My DM suggested that i talk to him but i refused as i dont know what kind of person he is.

Zippidydoodah Sat 11-Jun-16 09:50:32

Absolutely report it. You have a 2 year old!!

TheNotoriousPMT Sat 11-Jun-16 09:53:42

I wouldn't talk to him (or behave differently to normal ) and I would call the police. They won't tell him it was you, and if he has a lot of visitors it could have been any of them.

I don't blame you for worrying about people getting the address mixed up. I had that kind of incident happen once. No one got hurt because the police turned up very promptly, but it was pretty unpleasant, and I didn't have a small child in the house.

Amy214 Sat 11-Jun-16 13:20:57

DF keeps telling me not too report it incase he finds out it was me, as its mainly his friends that visit, i will report it though when he isn't here

VestalVirgin Sat 11-Jun-16 13:29:24

I'd honestly be more worried about the type of people he's attracting than the smoke. What happens when there's a dispute between two people who are already showing they have no problems breaking the law?

Oh please, it's just weed. That's not the kind of law-breaking that leads to violent crime.
Perhaps that guy is a violent criminal, but that's then independent from his weed consumption.

Is that man so threatening? If you just report that you suspect he might be selling weed, then that could have been anyone ... like, someone who saw the number of people who visit him.

Gardenbirds123 Sat 11-Jun-16 13:31:32

How do you know its just weed?

JoyOdell Sat 11-Jun-16 13:43:58

Weed dealing absolutely can and does lead to violent crime. I was caught up in an armed robbery over weed and the proceeds. Please report, OP!!

Princesspeach1980 Sat 11-Jun-16 13:52:00

If he's growing it can absolutely lead to violent crime, aggravated burglary etc. You can report anonymously but it makes it slightly harder for
police to act on. Where I work they normally send a pcso past to do a subtle sniff test.

VestalVirgin Sat 11-Jun-16 13:57:48

How do you know its just weed?

OP says it is weed. Assuming it is anthing else than smoking and perhaps growing weed would be jumping to conclusions.

@JoyOdell: Well, there are also armed robberies over money.
Just saying, "he breaks this law, therefore he will break other laws" is not really reasonable. Especially with a law that some countries are in the process of changing or abolishing altogether.
Law-breaking is not, as such, a proof of flawed character.

His disregard for his neighbours is another thing, but not everyone who smokes cigarettes on the balcony is a violent criminal, either.

Amy214 Sat 11-Jun-16 14:12:19

Some days the smell is stronger than others so im not sure if a police officer walking past and smelling would really help.
Im assuming its just weed. I have no idea if he does anything else, i don't know what they smell like, if they even smell at all.
My mums friend was caught up in a drugs bust at her house (incorrect information) and they had guns, broke down her door etc..

He keeps himself to himself, barely leaves the house (except a lot during the night, for about 5 minutes) doesnt work (when i did speak to him last year he told me he designed t shirts from home) he doesnt talk to me anymore, i don't hear any noise coming from his house, no vacuum, no tv, i hear him cough sometimes (our walls are thin) i don't see any food deliveries being made or his friends bringing in food
I did previously think that he might have a disability and it makes it hard for him to go out but i peeked out the window when i heard him leaving late one night and he seemed ok (i know some disabilities cant be seen)

coco1810 Sat 11-Jun-16 14:15:20

If you are in the UK you can absolutely report this anonymously by calling 101. Also, report the smells to Environmental Health and the local council. Keep an diary of everything too.

Amy214 Sat 11-Jun-16 14:22:12

I've reported it online to crimestoppers uk. I made an anonymous log in so if they need information i can send more. Our house isn't a council house can i still report to the council?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now