Talk

Advanced search

to get annoyed by teacher

(71 Posts)
PlonkerFace Thu 09-Jun-16 16:31:59

My 2 stepdaughters have moved in with me, DP and our 2 DS. They moved here 3 months ago and also moved schools to one nearer us. Youngest stepdaughters teacher is getting on my nerves. Every time she comes home from school the teacher has changed her hairstyle, at least 5 times I've sent her to school with ponytail/pigtails and she comes home with a plait instead and says "Miss did it". Also, she is a really picky eater and we are finding mealtimes really difficult at the moment, one thing she will eat is ham sandwiches so she has packed lunch for school. For the last week she's come home and said that she hasn't been eating any of her ham, "Miss" has been taking it out of the bread for her and throwing it away and she puts crisps inside instead. Why does she feel the need to do these things?! AIBU to let it get to me? envy

Janefromdowntheroad Thu 09-Jun-16 16:34:34

Ah there's a teacher at our school who does the girls hair. They love it. Well she's a TA. Are you sure it's the teacher? How old is DSD?

Mrsw28 Thu 09-Jun-16 16:36:43

Sounds more like a TA than a teacher, I doubt your DSDs teacher has time to pass wind much less than plait her charges' hair.

Mrsw28 Thu 09-Jun-16 16:37:42

To answer your question, no, YANBU, it would get on my nerves too.

PlonkerFace Thu 09-Jun-16 16:38:38

She's 5, it's the food issue that annoys me the most, the hair not so much but I still don't see why she has to change it, if parents send their kids with their hair in a particular way they obviously want it like that, why does she need to do anything to it!

I was really happy when she was coming home with her sandwiches eaten every day after the fuss we've had with her eating habits and now I find out the teacher has been taking it out for her hmm

WorraLiberty Thu 09-Jun-16 16:38:43

She's been throwing her ham away and replacing it with crisps, and you're first annoyance was her hair?

Why would she do that?

weirdsister Thu 09-Jun-16 16:38:44

The hairdressing sounds fun and dsd probably loves it.
The ham bit sounds hmm though! Could dsd be exaggerating facts there?

IoraRua Thu 09-Jun-16 16:39:37

I'm not sure I believe the sandwich thing, it has a whiff of 'fantastical story a child invents' to it. Young kids can come home with mad tales.

The hair thing - I used to do that as a teacher. But what was actually happening was that child came in with elaborate hairdo, it started falling out midway through the day. They came to me looking for the hair to be fixed, I have no patience for elaborate fishtail braids or whatever so hey presto, a three second ponytail it is.

That might be one reason behind the hair, though I agree that for it to happen everry day is odd.

HangingRockPicnic Thu 09-Jun-16 16:40:04

Ha ha. No way is a teacher throwing away ham and putting crisps in a sandwich. Is this a joke?

Emochild Thu 09-Jun-16 16:41:10

I've done it before when a child's hair kept falling out and was bothering them

But as a TA not a teacher

Generally different staff at lunch time so 'miss' could be anyone
I've never known anyone remove the filling of a child's sandwich and fill it up with crisps though hmm

CrazyDuchess Thu 09-Jun-16 16:41:27

The sandwich thing does not make sense at all.... have you actually spoken to the teacher?

SquinkiesRule Thu 09-Jun-16 16:41:59

Go in and speak to the teacher, so you know whats happening with the food. The hair would annoy me but I'd let it slide.

corythatwas Thu 09-Jun-16 16:42:09

OP, do you believe everything a 5yo says? Would you have believed my niece who claimed her cousins (non-existent) had been eaten by lions?

HangingRockPicnic Thu 09-Jun-16 16:43:10

Unless the child is saying she doesn't want ham and wants a crisp sandwich. That's the only way i could imagine it happening

acasualobserver Thu 09-Jun-16 16:45:33

I love ham so this story made me very sad.

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Thu 09-Jun-16 16:47:18

I bought my dds TA a huge bag of bobbles and a brush because she was always redoing my dds hair much better that I could and dd loved it.

Stop sending crisps in her packed lunch and she won't be able to have them in her sandwiches.

teatowel Thu 09-Jun-16 16:50:56

The sandwich thing might not be so far fetched. We have children who refuse to it their sandwiches at all because they don't like the filling. We sometimes take it out and use their crisps to make a sandwich to encourage them to eat. However we leave the filling in the lunch box so mum knows it hasn't been eaten. The amount of children who come to school with entire packed lunches they claim they hate. I have visions of their mothers standing in the kitchen every morning planning to give their children all the food items they like least for their lunch that day smile

Sirzy Thu 09-Jun-16 16:51:30

I agree with most. The hair thing I would put down to it falling out and the staff correcting it.

Butties, I would ask what's happening because it doesn't ring true that there isn't more to it. Obvious answer would be to stop sending crisps in if you don't want it being made into crisp butties

SoupDragon Thu 09-Jun-16 17:07:07

I suspect that the account you have heard from the 5 year old may not be what actually happened.

Verbena37 Thu 09-Jun-16 17:08:10

Guessing the sandwich thing is because she won't eat the ham anyway and instead, to make her eat at least the bread, she is putting the crisps you've given her in there instead.

I'm pretty sure she is doing to help and the hair thing, we used to love our girly tescher doing our hair. My yr 4 tescher was ace at French braids but my mum couldn't do them so I loved her doing them when she was on playground duty.

Fairuza Thu 09-Jun-16 17:09:43

Seems unlikely the teacher is with your DD at lunch time - teachers are busy and have to have their own lunches, plus most schools have a policy where nothing is chucked from a child's lunchbox, they have to take everything home with them.

Children's hairstyles come out all the time at school. If bunches has come out the teacher might just be doing a quick plait rather than trying to get it exactly as you had it.

branofthemist Thu 09-Jun-16 17:10:06

Ds (5) calls all TAs and teachers, teachers. So it could be a TA.

And don't believe everything a five year old tells you. Speak to the class teacher and find out what's going on

clarrrp Thu 09-Jun-16 17:10:08

Holy crap - she's changing your childs lunch? That's just unacceptable - especially giving her CRISPS when you have given her something healthier.

I'd be straight into the school to complain. She has NO RIGHT to do that - what if your daughter had allergies, or dietary restrictions, or diabetes? That is bang out of order.

Get into the school and ask to speak to the head and make your point very clear.

branofthemist Thu 09-Jun-16 17:10:59

I'd be straight into the school to complain

Why do people jump straight to making complaints. Why not find out what's going on first?

Fairuza Thu 09-Jun-16 17:11:53

They must be crisps from the child's lunch - no teacher is going to give a child their own crisps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now