Talk

Advanced search

To have a whinge and think my life is a bit shit atm?

(6 Posts)
MyThoughtsExactly Thu 09-Jun-16 14:31:01

please tell me IABU - I need some perspective I think confused

- I am moving house in 4 weeks - to rented acc. after house sale fell though and has cost us two grand for Sweet Fanny Adams. and have to start all over again.
- my boss is leaving 6 weeks - and i'm being overlooked for promotion, despite being more than capable.
- I'm still not pregnant after ttc after 16 months. Was sat on the loo this morning crying because my period started.

RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Thu 09-Jun-16 15:44:53

Poor you, nothing really constructive to say except life can be shit but it won't always be.

16 months ttc is crap - took me 10 years though so don't give up hope, but do go to see a dr if you are starting to get worried.

SfaOkaySuperFurryAnimals Thu 09-Jun-16 15:47:38

You whinge away, because we all have these times, uts almost like you have to take your turn of the garbage to get to the good stuff, I tried for 8 years gave up and got twins, keep going, your turn in the sun will come. Xxx

MyThoughtsExactly Thu 09-Jun-16 16:16:20

Booked appt. with doctors for next week, to get us both checked out.

I know a bit rain comes before the sunshine - here's hoping the house sales fell through because our 'real' forever home is just around the corner _

Vagabond Thu 09-Jun-16 16:27:36

Your life is a bit shitty right now. That's true.

I spoke with a nurse from Zimbabwe today who, that very morning, assisted a doctor in extracting an apple from a patient's ass.

More to the point, she moved from Zimbabwe because her family farm was violently stolen from their family after 5 generations and she migrated with nothing apart from a suitcase and some charitable aid.

She said she's more that delighted to extract an apple from an Australian ass because she is so grateful to have the chance to build a new life in Australia. Penny by penny. Ass by ass.

You asked for perspective!

Go see the doc re fertility issues. Far better to know what you're dealing with sooner rather than later.

Sometimes I lie in my comfy bed and I think of the poor homeless people, refugees and displaced people and I think of how bloody lucky I am. It's good to be grateful for what we have. Good luck to you and I hope things work out.

MyThoughtsExactly Thu 09-Jun-16 16:32:11

I did ask! thanks!

I do have somewhere to live. I don't go hungry and i'm not cold!

I am grateful for sure.

Peace be with us all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now