Talk

Advanced search

why does my sister use my house for her kids to play with

(26 Posts)
Jelliedeels Wed 08-Jun-16 12:09:59

I'm painting my house. She thinks I was mean cause she wants her two kids to help they are 6 and 4.

I want it to look nice, I don't want paint all over the paths etc.

Last year she wanted them to help paint my fence . Husband said no as it was solvent paint and too dangerous .

She got the hump when I wouldn't let them paint our lounge. She never lets them assist her even though she does not do it she gets decorators in.

AIBU

Junosmum Wed 08-Jun-16 12:11:59

YANBU. She can let them paint at her house!

GloriousGoosebumps Wed 08-Jun-16 12:41:17

The answer has to be that she secretly hates you! Either that or she wants to ensure that your house never looks as good as hers...

Sgoinneal Wed 08-Jun-16 12:48:25

Very weird. Tell her to give them a veg box to paint and be done with it.

coconutpie Wed 08-Jun-16 12:50:13

Um what? How bizarre! She wants her DC to paint your house but won't let them paint hers? Tell her to get stuffed.

drspouse Wed 08-Jun-16 12:51:28

Give them a bucket of water and some large house painting brushes and they can "paint" the outside of HER house.

Jelliedeels Wed 08-Jun-16 13:12:42

I'm pleased it's not just me.

Phew

SaucyJack Wed 08-Jun-16 13:13:55

It isn't weird or bizarre.

It seems fairly clear to me that she'd like her children to have the fun experience of DIY without having to mess up her own house.

Very rude of her to get annoyed over it, but the logic is perfectly sound.

SugarMiceInTheRain Wed 08-Jun-16 13:15:57

Hahaha, yanbu at all. The closest they'd get to painting my house/ fence/ anything would be 'painting' the patio with water on a sunny day. Why in the world would she think that would be an appropriate thing? She obviously wants your house to look poorly painted so she can feel superior about her professionally decorated home confused

WreckingBallsInsideMyHead Wed 08-Jun-16 13:32:39

Yanbu

Tell her to have them paint her own bloody house

Pimmmms Wed 08-Jun-16 13:42:50

Front up to her house wih some paints, plantpots, soil and plants to go in them. Then spread yourself out somewhere with everything so the 'kids can have fun'. Watch how fast she tries to stop you!

IJustLostTheGame Wed 08-Jun-16 13:48:24

Buy them some pavement chalks

Arfarfanarf Wed 08-Jun-16 13:50:54

Ask her why she wants them to do it to your house when she wont let them do it to hers.

Jelliedeels Wed 08-Jun-16 14:08:20

Update.... She has popped round (knew she was) dropped kids off.

She see husband (will call rick) painting and said to kids oh ask uncle rick if you can help him, I intervened and said I'd rather not as I want the paint on the house rather than the path. Plus they will get covered in it, I also gave her a look that kind of says no thank you, (you know the squished lips and shake of head) and she said well they will get bord indoors, I said no got swing ball and paddling pool.

And she walked off (going to her appointment) with the right hump.

When she gets back I'm gonna suggest they paint her house IN FRONT of them!

Slip the pavement chalks suggested up thread into their pockets when they leave. She sounds... Odd.

Jelliedeels Wed 08-Jun-16 14:14:32

Fuck the chalk I'm thing of giving them some paint! grin

Pimmmms Thu 09-Jun-16 10:53:40

If you're REALLY pissed with her give them some oil based ones!!!

Pinkheart5915 Thu 09-Jun-16 10:59:36

Yanbu
If her children really like painting why doesn't she buy them paints for home or maybe she doesn't want the mess at home wants you to deal with it

VimFuego101 Thu 09-Jun-16 11:00:26

I think that some of those mini/ sample sized paint pots from B and Q would make an excellent birthday present for them grin

SquinkiesRule Thu 09-Jun-16 11:33:11

Your Sister is crackers.

Arfarfanarf Thu 09-Jun-16 11:34:09

Did you say it?

Jelliedeels Thu 09-Jun-16 16:28:49

Arf - she will just say cause I have decorators in to do hers .

RunRabbitRunRabbit Thu 09-Jun-16 16:35:24

As they get into the car, tell DSis you have reconsidered. You think her idea of letting the kids paint is a great idea after all. Give them a loosely sealed box with the left over paint, brushes and a couple of random bits of wood or cardboard in it for painting. Give it to the 4 year old in the back of the car. Say "your mummy is soooo clever to think of this isn't she?"

HereIAm20 Thu 09-Jun-16 18:00:24

Chuck a tin of paint over their clothes and tell her you let them help after all!! Then give thrm a bucket of water and a brush each and get them to 'paint' the fence. It'll soon dry

expatinscotland Thu 09-Jun-16 18:06:56

She's your sister. Just tell her kids, NO. And her, too. Tell her if she wants her kids to paint she can do it at her house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now