To be very upset!

(8 Posts)
troubledsoul12 Tue 07-Jun-16 20:27:31

Just received a letter for my 12 weeks scan . They send me to a hospital nearly 2h away.
Bit of a background, I have a toddler 18 months . During the pregnancy everything was great ( high risk pregnancy ) but during labour there were grand mistake done and we went to talk to someone about it do it doesn't happen to anyone else . It was very traumatic.
So , in my catchment are there is that hospital , other one is almost hour / hour and a half away and the third one ( where I got an app for the scan - 2 h away) .
AIBU to call nearest hospital and ask them why they didnt give me app in their hospital when the whole plan was written down and faxed to them by booking midwife ?!
Also , is there anything I can do about it ?
Thank you so much . I am so worried , very very worried because I am classed as a high risk pregnancy and it's important to see my consultant .
Thank you so much . Sorry if I am not making sense , but very very worried with what are they doing to me

FasterThanASnakeAndAMongoose Tue 07-Jun-16 20:30:41

When is the appointment? I would ring your community midwife in the morning as they may be able to shed some light.

Is it possible that your midwife referred you somewhere else - did you say that you didn't want to go back to the original hospital because of a bad experience?

Try not to panic. I'm sure it can all be sorted out flowers

troubledsoul12 Tue 07-Jun-16 20:54:18

Thank you for your reply .
She send a fax to the hospital in front of me for them to book 12 weeks scan and follow up app with a consultant . She put in my plan that everything it to happen in that particular hospital but now I am completely devastated .
Problem was with midwife in the labour , there was an issue that she didn't notice during labour and if my husband didn't call for another midwife at the end I am not sure it would be happy ending , I say this with tears in my eyes .
But great dr was working and he saved me and a baby .
I didn't discuss this with booking midwife so no one is aware of it .
On all faxed letters ( I have copies in my file ) it was underlined that hospital .
Appointment is next week wed but tomorrow morning I will be calling hospital , first thing in the morning and it's a great advice , booking midwife also .
Thank you so much .

FasterThanASnakeAndAMongoose Wed 08-Jun-16 00:05:51

Your first birth experience sounds a lot like mine! It was very traumatic and I was adamant that I wanted to go to a different hospital for my 2nd. My community midwife convinced me to go back to the same one though and it was fine.

Pregnancy was consultant lead because of the first birth and I had an elective c section.

I hope you're able to get to the bottom of it tomorrow - let us know what they say.

gobbynorthernbird Wed 08-Jun-16 00:21:30

Totally different scenario, but I am under a cardio consultant at one hospital and often have scans/ECG/tests done at others that are part of the same trust. It's purely because of waiting lists and the urgency with which things need checking. They'd rather send me to another hospital this week than wait a month for an appointment at my hospital.

FasterThanASnakeAndAMongoose Thu 09-Jun-16 23:21:35

Any news OP?

troubledsoul12 Thu 09-Jun-16 23:42:17

Good evening .
Yes , good news . I phoned yesterday hospital and they had cancellation for today . I had a scan , 13+ weeks ( further then expected) . That's the hospital where I had given birth and closer to home . Negative news is that she couldn't do nuchal measurement so I will have to do the blood test. Baby was in a hiding , she did tried twice but no success .
Seen midwife and feeling really calm and happy .
Thank you all for such a lovely support , I was really panicking .
Thank you one more time 🌹🌹🌹

FasterThanASnakeAndAMongoose Fri 10-Jun-16 22:12:43

Ah good, glad it's good news! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, hope all goes well for you flowersbrew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now