AIBU to think Katie Hopkins is even more of a tw--a--it...

(462 Posts)
GigiB Mon 06-Jun-16 20:27:45

.. she really is. Check out this headline:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3627352/KATIE-HOPKINS-Welcome-Midsummer-madness-Ramadan.html

who wants to help me plot how to get her put in a box and posted to the north pole with no ski's?

TheseLittleEarthquakes Mon 06-Jun-16 20:31:11

Ugh. I wish I could unread that.

TerriHatchet Mon 06-Jun-16 20:42:37

I agree with her

RacO Mon 06-Jun-16 20:44:21

She's very eloquent so gives the illusion of intelligence. Unfortunately she fuels fear and hatred with her words and discriminates across whole swathes of society - and apparently that's ok...

queenofthepirates Mon 06-Jun-16 20:44:22

God she is awful.
I have a Muslim employee and I greatly value her. As in previous years, we strive to make her comfortable during Ramadan and be considerate of her needs. It's what any good employer does.

RacO Mon 06-Jun-16 20:57:05

What do you think she suggests we do with all Muslims? Round them up, give them badges, send them to special camps? Hitler was also a powerful speaker - many ordinary Germans agreed with him too.

GigiB Mon 06-Jun-16 20:58:30

As inciting racial/religious hatred is illegal... maybe she'll be banged up and I can save on postage...

MidnightAura Mon 06-Jun-16 20:58:39

She is a vile waste of space. I've always disliked her, this was intensified after her comment about Scotland after the Clutha Tragedy and now I just feel desperately sad for her children. Horrible woman.

Crispbutty Mon 06-Jun-16 21:00:27

She words it provocatively, but on the whole I agree with her.

fanjoforthemammaries Mon 06-Jun-16 21:00:49

I believe she is harmful and should be prosecuted

ZippyNeedsFeeding Mon 06-Jun-16 21:00:56

I'm not going to click on the link because that just fuels the hate factory. I've heard similar twaddle from her though so i can pretty much guess the gist of it.

I fast, as a religious thing.( I'm not Muslim), I've never fainted or been so weak from hunger that I can't function. Most healthy people can stand to miss a meal or two although water would be more of an issue. If someone else wants to do it then I support their right to do so. After all, nobody is trying to make it compulsory, Muslims mostly seem to just want to be left to get on with it.

QuinnsNo1Lady Mon 06-Jun-16 21:02:05

She's got a point

AuroraBora Mon 06-Jun-16 21:06:08

Katie Hopkins is a twat. She really is as thick as shit.

I really don't think she knows anyone who isn't white British and I bet she's the sort that crosses the road when people who look different to her walk towards her on the street.

My DH and family would be mortified if I said some of the drivel she spouts.

As an aside, it's common sense that the best employers are those that realise their employees personal lives are important, and flexibility is essential to the quality of work they produce when at work.

If my employer wasn't flexible with Drs appointment and childcare emergencies, I would leave. They value me and I value them. I am therefore very loyal to them and very hardworking. I stay late when needed and they reciprocate.

Any hardworking, fasting Muslim who feels they haven't put enough work in over Ramadan will come up with a solution I'm sure, even if it's working from home at 10:30 at night.

CaptainMarvelDanvers Mon 06-Jun-16 21:06:53

I think she's one of those people that if newspapers stopped giving her column space she would go away, or try to get attention in more extreme ways.

ClopySow Mon 06-Jun-16 21:10:17

Don't give her air space.

Egosumquisum Mon 06-Jun-16 21:10:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Surferjet Mon 06-Jun-16 21:10:50

She has got a point - would you want to be driven home by someone who hasn't eaten for 20 hours?

BeYourselfUnlessUCanBeAUnicorn Mon 06-Jun-16 21:12:30

I don't understand the big deal in what she is saying. She's hardly saying 'burn all Muslims'. What she is saying is true. I wouldn't be fit for anything if I didn't eat for 20 hours.

nonamenopackdrill Mon 06-Jun-16 21:13:31

No, she doesn't have a point. Unless that point is that bigotry and fear sells papers.

ClopySow Mon 06-Jun-16 21:14:05

No, but shes fueling a fire for a readership who do want to burn all muslims.

GigiB Mon 06-Jun-16 21:14:09

If you can't face clicking the link...
The headline is :

'Tis the season of bombers and Uber drivers who haven't eaten for 20 hours - welcome to the Midsummer madness of Ramadan

Clearly its illegal.
Equating bombers (individual radicals) with Ramadan (holy month for 1.3bn followers of islam).. She should be sacked and charged.

Imogenj Mon 06-Jun-16 21:15:13

She's just uneducated click bait who says whatever she can to get attention. Feel sorry for her children.

Sallygoroundthemoon Mon 06-Jun-16 21:15:29

Provocatively written but I agree with her. Why is it 'inciting religious hatred' to question someone's ability to drive or do a responsible job when they are dehydrated? Research shows that just a small amount of dehydration reduces performance significantly.

Surferjet Mon 06-Jun-16 21:15:50

Yes she does have a point.
Uber drivers are majority Muslim & if they're not eating for 20 hours that is not safe.

That is a fact. Like it or not.

Egosumquisum Mon 06-Jun-16 21:16:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now