Talk

Advanced search

To buy a paper parasol?

(13 Posts)
Hagothehills Mon 06-Jun-16 15:43:41

One of the Asian style ones, bamboo and paper contraptions.

I'm very pale and burn to a crisp even with factor 50 on.

I've seen a couple on Amazon that are really beautiful but I don't know if I'd feel like a bit of a twonk walking around with one.

I like this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blossom-Pattern-Oriental-Umbrella-Parasol/dp/B00GMYGPQG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_60_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41rtVyJ3PuL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=H8G1K1SQ68541XX13N47

Hagothehills Mon 06-Jun-16 15:47:29

Sorry on my kindle, don't know how to do proper links

IABVU Mon 06-Jun-16 15:48:54

What is unreasonable about this?

Can you not make simple decisions?

Just bloody buy won and if you feel like a twonk stop using it.

GreenGoth89 Mon 06-Jun-16 15:49:51

No they're great! You can get UV resistant parasols too, which are great for those of us who prefer to be pale and interesting!

handslikecowstits Mon 06-Jun-16 16:02:48

I have one because I have a quiff and a hat flattens it. I don't think I look a twonk. I do think people who've got burnt over the weekend are twonks though. They looked bloody uncomfortable this morning.smile

SquidTableau Mon 06-Jun-16 16:12:58

I saw someone at a farm yesterday with a proper parasol - I'd be delighted if they came back into fashion as I, like you am vey pale. So I say do it!

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 06-Jun-16 16:21:07

I carry a paper fan everywhere with me. People initially think I'm a twonk when I bring it out but half an hour later, it's ME who is laughing. Hahahahaha as they sweat and complain. I think the same is true of a parasol.

DD has one already but she's 5 and can get away with it.

NeedsAsockamnesty Mon 06-Jun-16 16:30:41

How weird squid I saw someone at a farm yesterday with one as well

Hagothehills Mon 06-Jun-16 16:32:42

MrsTerryPratchett I have one of those too and I bloody love it! Doesn't stop the sun burn though hence considering a parasol smile

TroysMammy Mon 06-Jun-16 16:33:38

I have two. I can't stand wearing hats anyway and they make your head sweaty on hot days. I love being different and when people say "I like your umbrella" I say thanks then quickly correct them.

squoosh Mon 06-Jun-16 16:34:48

Oh the joy of being stuck on a baking hot underground and realising you've got a fan in your bag. You feel more proud of yourself than if you'd casually split an atom using a spoon. Or I do at least.

Get the parasol OP. You can channel your inner Edwardian lady.They're all the rage in Asia.

Helenluvsrob Mon 06-Jun-16 16:51:41

I've just got a cream umbrella with a bird print on that I take on holiday for sun or rain. I'd use it in the UK if I was standing for a bus in full sun etc

rummages in mary poppins size bag... yep its there

Hagothehills Mon 06-Jun-16 17:19:53

I guess that's a pretty resounding yes to the parasol then! grin

The question now is which one...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now