Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be slightly disgruntled?

(3 Posts)
TheKnittingMidwife Sun 05-Jun-16 18:03:33

Yes, ok, I know I am really. Not quite sure why except that I have been single for 2 years, divorced for about 6 months, and just feel a bit grumpy about it all. I hated the whole dating game first time round and now, having been out of it for years and in a whole different situation, hate it even more.

I'm rarely in a position to meet men anyway, and when I do I just don't feel comfortable enough to just relax. If I like someone I go so far to hide it that I may as well not be there - always have done. There's no way I could ask anyone out - I'd feel too much like the cliche of late-30s divorcee chucking themselves at anyone available. There are a couple of guys that have caught my eye but from a distance. I met someone really lovely yesterday but he's the brother of a friend which somehow seems off limits and even if it wasn't, there's not a chance he would ask for my number or anything (I don't feel particularly attractive at the moment and know I give off blocking vibes).

I don't need someone right now, my children are still little and I am about to start a degree. But it would be nice in the future and I can't see how it would ever happen. It all seems like such a complicated dance and I CBA/don't have the confidence/worry about looking like a cliche/etc etc.

Just feel all ranty and disgruntled about it all (doesn't help that XH is seeing someone - while I'm truly pleased for him it seems a little unfair that he's in a position to have a social life and I'm not!)

This all seems a little heavier written down - it's mostly lighthearted grumpiness, and although I probably seem rather desperate I'm not although some hot sex would be nice honest!

WorraLiberty Sun 05-Jun-16 18:15:00

These things have a way of working themselves out, when you least expect them to.

You might just 'click' with someone in the future and none of this will seem relevant thanks

TheKnittingMidwife Sun 05-Jun-16 19:09:12

I hope so. It all seems too much effort and game playing otherwise.

I appreciate the flowers smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now