To spend a night alone in a hotel?

(11 Posts)
ImActuallyAMermaid Sat 04-Jun-16 22:18:32

DH and I are like ships that pass in the night, we both work long hours and barely ever see each other. I work from early in the morning til the afternoon, he then works from the afternoon until late in the evening. We rarely have time 'off' together. We also have a small DC that we look after between us.

We have both got a few days off at the same time, and in all honestly I don't really want quality time with him. We bicker and argue constantly. In all honesty I have a lot of resentment towards him. On his time off he plays gold, goes to the pub etc... If I have any time off he won't have DC so I can never do my thing. I'm exhausted. We both work the same number of hours a week but all also do everything around the house (cleaning, laundry, cooking, shopping etc). I just want to escape for a night. I don't even want to go out, I just want to go to a hotel and sleep whilst he has DC. Is that really awful?

calzone Sat 04-Jun-16 22:19:37

Nope!

Book it and then tell him.

janethegirl2 Sat 04-Jun-16 22:19:45

If that is what you want and can afford it, go for it wine

Pomegranatemolasses Sat 04-Jun-16 22:21:34

Not awful at all - totally understandable. But you need to have a conversation with your DH about this situation. Not sustainable long term.

indigo88 Sat 04-Jun-16 22:24:55

Logged specifically to say- absolutely. Totally worth the effort and expense. I did the same; stayed at a Premier Inn. Guaranteed good night's sleep, endless hot water and didn't need to vacate until noon. Bliss. OMG such a nice thing to do for yourself.

Do it. I did it for the first time about three years ago and haven't looked back. DH books rooms for me now when he thinks I'm getting to the end of my tether.

The hotel bit is easy though, what about the rest of the relationship?

ImActuallyAMermaid Sat 04-Jun-16 22:31:53

I'm Hoping after a lovely bath, good nights sleep and a bit of alone time I'll have the energy to deal with the marriage issues. In a funny way I'm hoping me escaping for a night will make us miss each other and want to try and improve things.

Dieu Sat 04-Jun-16 22:37:47

Do it!

Champagneformyrealfriends Sat 04-Jun-16 22:44:58

I have a 10 week old and this is my secret fantasy! I had to collect my parents today from the station and I set off extra early just so I had some alone time grin

PhylumChordata Sat 04-Jun-16 22:47:23

Also my secret fantasy. Dh gets to go away for work trips most months. I am sick with envy. envy

notagiraffe Sat 04-Jun-16 22:53:18

Do it. That was my fantasy for years when DC were small, but I never had the courage to take a night off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now