Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to like GAP stuff?

(43 Posts)
PacificDogwod Sat 04-Jun-16 19:42:21

I do.
I just do.
Always have done, and I suspect at this stage (I am 50), I always will.
I know about sweatshops and child labour and that does bother me, but I do like their stuff.

Bother.

I've got this in my basket for my holibobs which we booked today and I WANT it

HackerFucker22 Sat 04-Jun-16 19:45:34

I never, ever, ever buy full price but man they have some good sales.

19lottie82 Sat 04-Jun-16 19:47:07

I love their high wasted skinny jeans! Gap is great for staple items. I always wait for the 40% off codes though!

PacificDogwod Sat 04-Jun-16 19:49:17

I've got 40% off code. For one item.

So now I am looking for full price dresses.
grin

Cunning, I am.

I've also got Pimm's <offers jug round fred>

Nobody has told me that IABU yet <validated>

TheLittleFoxes Sat 04-Jun-16 19:50:39

I used to love Gap but the quality of their clothes has really declined in the last few years.

thrillhouse Sat 04-Jun-16 19:53:11

I only discovered Gap last year. I don't think I've paid full price for anything from there grin

Pretty much every high street store is the same in terms of sweatshops etc. I'm not saying that makes it right, but I don't think Gap is necessarily any worse than other shops.

PacificDogwod Sat 04-Jun-16 19:58:26

Oh gawd, never pay full price for their crap stuff!

No full price denim/denim lookalikey dresses with no sleeves sad

<necks more Pimm's>

Playduh Sat 04-Jun-16 19:59:24

I love their kids stuff and I always have a little nose in the women's dept. Their basics are fine. Their deals are great and TBH you are fooling yourself if you think anyone else in the high street is treating the factory workers any better.

Ginslinger Sat 04-Jun-16 20:01:00

I bought all their skinny trousers this year - I can't remember what they're called but they're brilliant

,more pimms please grin

NatashaRomanoff Sat 04-Jun-16 20:04:11

Really? That's utterly vile!

PacificDogwod Sat 04-Jun-16 20:05:30

<pours>

I love their kids' stuff.

Although DS1 and 2 (13 and 12 respectively) tell me that they can no longer wear GAP clothes because it stands for 'gay and proud' hmm

Me explaining about The Generation Gap and how it was founded in 1969/what went on at that time did not cut the mustard. Ignorami.

PacificDogwod Sat 04-Jun-16 20:06:13

Further disclaimer: most of my own clothes come for ebay these days, usually used halo

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 04-Jun-16 20:07:41

YANBU for liking Gap, I love BabyGap, but YABVU for liking the word 'holibobs'!

grin

Just kidding, hope you have a lovely time.

PacificDogwod Sat 04-Jun-16 20:11:10

Holibobs, holibobs, holibobs!! grin

I hate anything twee like that, but used it for effect - it clearly worked <evil cackle>

JustDanceAddict Sat 04-Jun-16 20:32:52

Only buy when it's on sale. Hollibobs should be consigned to room 101 and never be uttered or typed again.

HeyMacWey Sat 04-Jun-16 20:36:31

Sadly I think gap is the next to close down, our local one has closed down and the nearest is an outlet store or 60 miles away.

purplebud Sat 04-Jun-16 20:39:54

Our local one has closed down. I like gap as their clothes seem to fit me really well, especially their jeans. Dd has some lovely tops from their too.

1Potato2 Sat 04-Jun-16 20:41:38

I agree. I reckon it will close. It is never without a sale. I love it for the baby/kids stuff. Loved the Black Friday 50% off everything.

thrillhouse Sat 04-Jun-16 21:03:51

I got some jeans from there last year and they are wonderful. Maybe I should stock up in case they do close...

Their pricing policy with all the vouchers drives me berserk as do their several zillion spam emails a day that you have to sign up to (on your spam account natch) to get the deal, but they do have some nice stuff and I like their jeans (I bought a bunch in assorted colours on Black Friday). Their sports wear is also good and DS's school coat (Black Friday) is brilliant. So I don't see why they should go bust - they do sell stuff that people want, it's just that they do it in a really annoying way.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sat 04-Jun-16 21:22:13

I am a walking advertisement for GAP. Sale GAP, natch.

Three online shops this week alone. blush

PacificDogwod Sat 04-Jun-16 21:22:36

Their jeans are ace.
Really fit and flatter my big bum/small waist figure.

I repeat: never buy full price from Gap.

We had the world's best real down winter jackets for DSs 1 and 2 some years ago from them <wistful>

IrisPrima Sat 04-Jun-16 21:24:30

They're the next BHS.

Their adverts used to be the talk of school in the 90s. They're just a crappy discount store on the local industrial estate now.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sat 04-Jun-16 21:26:22

They can't shut. Where will I get all my horizontal stripes??? sad sad

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sat 04-Jun-16 21:27:25

Just looked down and realised I am clad from top to toe in GAP today. Again. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now