Talk

Advanced search

to move back to DM

(11 Posts)
uhohh Sat 04-Jun-16 10:34:19

Help... I've got a speeding ticket and I've just realised my insurance and driving license are still registered to my old address (DM) I'm really panicking because you can get up to £1000 fine for false information. I spoke to partner about it and suggested I move back to mums bc of speeding ticket and then change all my details over to new address after fine/awareness course. Partner thinks I'm overthinking it and it will be fine if I just update my details now and say I moved to new address recently... He says I'm being unreasonable about moving back to mums for a few weeks, but we could not afford £1000 fine... Has anyone had this situation before? What was the outcome?! sad

Becky546 Sat 04-Jun-16 10:36:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnUtterIdiot Sat 04-Jun-16 10:37:13

Just pay the fine and update your details online with the DVLA. I forgot to update mine and no one came banging on my door.

leelu66 Sat 04-Jun-16 11:26:08

Seriously, OP, it's fine. Your insurers will be fine with it. Moving to your mum's is drastic and unnecessary. Just pay the speeding ticket, they won't ask.

Gotheftosleep Sat 04-Jun-16 11:38:00

Be careful with the insurance - they will have given you a premium based on your driving history, your mum's address and that risk profile. Your premium may change as the result of changing your address.

uhohh Sat 04-Jun-16 11:48:01

But the speeding ticket has come to my new address? So surely they will want me to change details confused

Gotheftosleep Sat 04-Jun-16 23:12:43

Where is your car registered to? Your current address or your old one? In which case are you sure the dvla don't have the right address for you, because how else could the ticket have reached you?

nutbrownhare15 Sun 05-Jun-16 08:11:05

Presumably the fine is linked to your car which is registered at the new address, rather than your licence. Just pay the fine and change your licence details. Thanks for reminding me I need to do the latter. I've been meaning to for ages. But any speeding tickets will be sent to where my car is registered at my new address I presume.

blueturtle6 Sun 05-Jun-16 08:17:19

I asked about this once and you may want to double check, but as long as you have access to the address, eg your post is available to you it is ok.

LouBlue1507 Sun 05-Jun-16 08:22:46

Your insurance will be invalid if your addresses don't match x

H0LDTHED00R Sun 05-Jun-16 08:23:59

Thankfully DVLA is not that pedantic. Just change your licence address now and it'll be fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now