Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that there are a lot of women on here who doubting themselves?

(8 Posts)
mum2Bomg Sat 04-Jun-16 08:42:01

I've only been on mumsnet for a few weeks as I am pregnant but I've found the amount of self doubt and internal criticism we women give ourselves is almost overwhelming. In nearly all of the cases where someone has asked AIBU? They're not.

When did we all become so full of self doubt and lose all the people we would normally discuss this stuff with? Where's the support out there in the real world. It's made me sad!

P.s. You're all amazing, just wondering as men would never ask AIBU!

DownUnderBound Sat 04-Jun-16 11:19:34

Agree!

LaurieLemons Sat 04-Jun-16 11:33:10

I agree that some of the things asked seem ridiculously obvious but sometimes I think they're posted there just for support/traffic because AIBU is quite popular.

Mrskeats Sat 04-Jun-16 11:34:23

Yes and I find that women are also very critical of each other
Imagine a bloke criticising another man as a father
They just don't they just get on with their own stuff
I also agree it's sad that some women seem to be without much real life support
I believe that friendship is very important in life
This is why this site is so helpful

mum2Bomg Sat 04-Jun-16 11:41:35

Definitely not doubting the helpfulness and it's a great site, but why do we give ourselves sooooo much shit!?

ImperialBlether Sat 04-Jun-16 11:47:45

Sometimes the AIBUs are people who want to be praised, eg "I gave a starving person £10. WIBU?" Those really irritate me.

Then there are those that are so clearly in the right, eg "A woman slapped my child across the face. WIBU to tut at her?" - I don't understand them at all.

amarmai Sat 04-Jun-16 12:13:27

A tut wd be U ,tho. maybe a slap or punch?

mizuzu Sat 04-Jun-16 12:44:04

yes i'm a self doubter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now