Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up of lazy and sometimes thoughless gifts.

(10 Posts)
Highlandfling80 Fri 03-Jun-16 19:40:42

So for Christmas this year I get a gift card as a gift from dh and the kids. I did drop a big jewellery type hint but to no avail.
Cue Mothers Day. Realising I was pissed off about Christmas as in effect I got nothing from the kids he ordered a spa day. Very generous and Fab and I am grateful but it is still hassle for me to book, potentiality arrange childcare if during the week .
Birthday present was a note on the card saying IOU a trip to the theatre for you a friend.
Cue this week. We booked a Monday to Friday holiday in the Uk. Youngest daughter was ill do I offered to stay home whilst he took the older two girls.
He returns with gifts for all 3 girls and a souvenir for himself. He than said you will have to get your own gift as it wasn't in stock
I am just so fed up of it
Aibu

Highlandfling80 Fri 03-Jun-16 19:43:00

Even a stick of rock would have been better and not taken much effort.

TheNaze73 Fri 03-Jun-16 19:43:02

YABU. Don't drop hints, be more direct. Most men don't do subtle

ilovesooty Fri 03-Jun-16 19:44:22

Just tell him then.

andadietcoke Fri 03-Jun-16 19:46:31

But you've got presents. It wouldn't even occur to me to whinge about a present from a holiday, but I appreciate you feel upset you've missed out on the trip. Could you and the poorly DD have a treat trip this weekend instead?

Leggytadpole Fri 03-Jun-16 19:47:16

I know how you feel, my ex was like this (and still is when it comes to Mother's Day, DS is still too young to get his own gift).

Tell him how you feel? Some people just aren't very sentimental or very good with gifts though. Maybe set up an amazon wish list (you can add things from other sites) and direct him towards that in future?

I'm quite envious of your spa day though!

Highlandfling80 Fri 03-Jun-16 19:47:17

I did at Christmas and TBH initially I was pleased with Spa Day. Around my birthday I was distracted as I was waiting for some test results.
Will talk tomorrow.

Highlandfling80 Fri 03-Jun-16 19:54:28

In normal circumstances I wouldn't expect anything from a holiday. Well the only time I got anything was when he went on a luxury work incentive and he got me chocolates I don't even like. But I was he feeling with a poorly clingy child and he was ringing me up telling me about all the meals they had in x or y restaurant.

Highlandfling80 Fri 03-Jun-16 19:55:36

Sorry phone garbled that but you get the idea.

Highlandfling80 Fri 03-Jun-16 23:05:36

Unfortunately she is potentially still contagious.
Going to try and pop to the shops tomorrow as I have a severe case of cabin fever.
Hopefully if I go out dh may put a wash on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now