Talk

Advanced search

Is this normal?

(6 Posts)
TerriHatchet Fri 03-Jun-16 13:21:39

Just wants the advice of the lovely ladies who have been helping me through the last few days..
I started taking my anti depressants on Tuesday (fluoxetine) and last night and today I have felt so neauseas. I had a weird sleep, I felt very restless and just weird I don't know how to explain it! I felt like I was going to be sick but I wasn't. My stomach was all the grumbly way like when you have a dodgy tum!
Today I have felt dizzy, weak, tired and very spaced out. I just don't feel right.
Is this normal?

Welshmaenad Fri 03-Jun-16 13:23:59

Yes, describes very well how I felt when staring fluoxetine. Give it time. 4 weeks to settle and a few months to judge if it's making an improvement.

Huge flowers and well done for being brave. It gets easier xx

PreciousVagine Fri 03-Jun-16 13:25:39

Yep! Nausea can be really common at first. You might have really vivid dreams too. I had very strange nightmares which kept waking me up in a sweat the first couple of weeks and then it settled off.

TerriHatchet Fri 03-Jun-16 13:48:44

I just feel so zoned out and lethargic today. Like I could sleep for hours

TerriHatchet Fri 03-Jun-16 13:50:42

I also have no appetite which is not like me at all

shiveringhiccup Fri 03-Jun-16 13:56:52

Normal.

However anything like feeling worse, more low, seeing or hearing things, agitated/ manic, etc - stop them and go back to doctor. Any worries at all call your doctor.

Takes a few weeks for your body to get used to them.

flowers for you. And cake too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now