Talk

Advanced search

Gumtree wankers

(5 Posts)
Savagebeauty Fri 03-Jun-16 07:34:04

Moving house next week and getting rid of most of my furniture.
I have put lots on Gumtree....for free.
Bookcases, office furniture etc.
All mint condition.
I've had great responses but so many time wasters.
"I'll come before 5"
At 5.30 I text.
" Oh I've decided it's too big".

Why not text. Or realise it's too big before you say you'll collect.

Then the weird ones. "I'm willing to get on my knees and beg..I bet you'll enjoy that" ODFOD.

Fucking bellends

lanbro Fri 03-Jun-16 07:40:26

Unfortunately people can be stupid!

I advertise for staff occasionally on Gumtree and despite saying I want a CV and covering letter, to try and weed out the time wasters, I always get messages like "job still available, pal?"!

Savagebeauty Fri 03-Jun-16 07:45:42

I've had more normal people through our local community forum . But I did Gumtree as I'm on a tight time frame.

chanice Fri 03-Jun-16 07:51:56

With Gumtree, I get the most interest and questions in comparison to eBay but no sales.

Have you still got it?
Can I have your number so we can discuss?
What is your exact address?

Then no sale. I get fed up with it. eBay is better because they can get an unpaid item case against them if they bid and don't pay, which goes on their record and can stop them being accepted to bid on certain items. It's a good deterrent to time wasters.

charlestonchaplin Fri 03-Jun-16 07:58:36

I think you should expect a more informal approach lanbro if you look for staff on Gumtree. I wouldn't be that informal but other people may assess things differently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now