Talk

Advanced search

Peak Referendum anyone?

(19 Posts)
RomComPhooey Thu 02-Jun-16 22:20:20

Its unbearable. The coverage is making me come over all "raaaar! Smash Hulk!" We've been away this week and not listened to the radio or watched the telly much. I think it's done my blood pressure a lot of good. Just watching BBC news at 10 & I can feel it rising again. It's really fucking important but the coverage and stupidity of both campaigns are maddening. AIBU to wish this had never been mooted or, worse still, got off the ground?

ExitPursuedByBear Thu 02-Jun-16 22:21:55

Out.

RomComPhooey Thu 02-Jun-16 22:23:52

I'm not interested in which way people are voting. I'm just fed up with the whole thing. I will exercise my right to vote, mind.

SanityClause Thu 02-Jun-16 22:24:21

I listen to radio 4 in the car, and it's every morning on the way to work, and every evening, on the way home (bloody Chris Mason!).

I am so done with it!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 02-Jun-16 22:28:40

3 weeks and it'll almost be over.

I agree with you actually. It's so important, but been going on a bit too long.

ExitPursuedByBear Thu 02-Jun-16 22:31:33

OUT

Furiosa Thu 02-Jun-16 22:38:16

ExitPursuedByBear are you a bot?

BrexitentialCrisis Thu 02-Jun-16 22:45:31

I agree- the quality of debate has been abysmal. Where we should have been seeing a really positive, forward thinking and informative Remain campaign, we've seen scaremongering and politicians fighting to retain a status quo. The Leave campaign is nothing but a vehicle to maximise bodies johnson's odious leadership ambitions. The whole thing has descended into a ridiculous farce and on 23rd June we will all be voting for whichever middle aged white male Tory has made the least worst effort (that is how it seems in my head anyway). I'm really angry and embarrassed about it and actually the only place I have been able to tease out some meaningful, sensible debate is here, on mumsnet. So, thank you mumsnet. But yes- I have definitely passed peak referendum.

ExitPursuedByBear Thu 02-Jun-16 23:06:43

How rude

MrHannahSnell Thu 02-Jun-16 23:09:17

IN!

Creasedupcrinkle Thu 02-Jun-16 23:12:41

In

BrexitentialCrisis Thu 02-Jun-16 23:15:37

But fwiw I am In.

BrexitentialCrisis Thu 02-Jun-16 23:25:46

But fwiw I am In.

Creasedupcrinkle Thu 02-Jun-16 23:26:52

Are you a bot, BrexitrntialCrisis?

RomComPhooey Thu 02-Jun-16 23:30:39

Thank you BrexitentialCrisis for articulating a lot of what goes through my head when the red mist descends. It's the sheer numptiness and shroud-waving/ham-fisted signalling (immigration, innit?) which is wearing me down. There's no subtlety to the debate and everyone seems to be spending an awful lot of time and energy rubbishing the other side's figures, rather than working together to get some figures we can all agree on and use to inform the debate (how naive of me to think this is even possible - I recognise that).

lljkk Thu 02-Jun-16 23:35:35

(shouting on Radio 5 right now).
I am strangely not saturated yet. I would just like reassurance that things will be ok should the vote go how I don't want.

chellem1 Fri 03-Jun-16 06:14:36

I've had enough as well and agree with brexistential about the petty politicians. It's been clear as mud about the benefits and pitfalls to each side unless you actively seek out specific information. Don't even get me started on the foolish shares on Facebook of blatantly incorrect "facts".

I've already voted (postal vote) and am tempted to leave a big sign on my door telling leaflet droppers to bugger off because it's done (in).

Noodledoodledoo Fri 03-Jun-16 08:04:08

I completely agree. I remember the announcement of 100 days to go filled me with a sinking feeling of 'oh god another 100 days of squabbling'.

It all seems to be posturing and tit for tat arguments. One side says X the other will oppose it seemingly just because. I have better debates from my teenage students!

PrimalLass Fri 03-Jun-16 08:12:06

I'm just ignoring it all. There isn't an actual clear answer so I'm voting on gut instinct.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now