Talk

Advanced search

40 tiger cubs found in freezer

(7 Posts)
NeedACleverNN Wed 01-Jun-16 19:52:49

In the Buddhist Tiger Temple

(Warning. Link shows the tiger cubs bodies)

news.sky.com/story/1705121/carcasses-of-40-tiger-cubs-in-temples-freezer

Wtf?!

I thought the monks cared for the tigers?!

bibbitybobbityyhat Wed 01-Jun-16 19:54:32

Can you summarise the story please?

NeedACleverNN Wed 01-Jun-16 19:58:25

Basically the authorities hit the temple in suspected trafficking claims. Whilst they sedated and took away the Tigers they found 40 cubs in the freezer that were covered in blood. From the size they look to be maybe a month old max.
They also found a rare binturong also known as a bear cat, which is a protected species.

sizeofalentil Wed 01-Jun-16 20:09:07

They're claiming that they have been freezing stillborn tiger cubs / ones that die as infants because previously when they cremated them they were accused to faking the deaths and selling the cubs on.

Some of the remains are said to be five years old at least. The temple is saying that there's no reason that would benefit them for keeping them in the freezer for this long if that was a lie.

No idea if that's all bollocks. Autopsies will tell.

NeedACleverNN Wed 01-Jun-16 20:12:00

A quick Google seems to have a lot of allegations about the temple in the first place.

Drugged up tigers (they allow you to pose with them for a photo and bottle feed the cubs) and one monk was allegedly seen hitting a tiger.

Would be interesting to see what they have to say

mrsfuzzy Wed 01-Jun-16 20:15:39

gross behaviour, is this actually related to religion ???

NeedACleverNN Wed 01-Jun-16 20:16:46

Not directly I would say

Buddhists care for animals and I suppose tigers are a good one for Thailand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now