Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how anyone gets their washing dry in this weather?

(107 Posts)
Unicorn1981 Wed 01-Jun-16 17:34:10

Boring subject so sorry! But I am genuinely wondering. I did a load about two days ago and I've just had to redo it as it wasn't drying and was starting to smell musty. I have a tumble dryer but it can't be used on everything. The heating is on full blast and it still isn't drying! When it's a nice sunny day I can all my washing including bedding done all in the same day.

Floralnomad Wed 01-Jun-16 17:37:02

Anything that tumbles gets tumbled ( irrespective of the weather and all year) and anything that doesn't tumble gets hung on a rail at the patio doors in the breakfast room and is generally dry the next day ( which is when I look at it again )

winchester1 Wed 01-Jun-16 17:37:10

If you've a damp.house try a dehumidifier and a very large drying rack so you can spread things out. And of course wash less, wear clothes twice when you can, use aprons, overalls for messy jobs etc

Junosmum Wed 01-Jun-16 17:39:30

I put it on the line in all weather except rain.

WipsGlitter Wed 01-Jun-16 17:40:03

Sun splitting the trees here for once!!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 01-Jun-16 17:40:04

Tumble drier,I don't want a damp house!

KayTee87 Wed 01-Jun-16 17:41:54

It's gorgeous where I am, been lovely since last week grin

When it's crap (most of the time) we use a mixture of tumble driers and hanging stuff up. You have to open your windows regularly if you're hanging it inside though.

RNBrie Wed 01-Jun-16 17:42:58

Heated dryer from Lakeland. It will change your life.

blueskyinmarch Wed 01-Jun-16 17:43:13

Weather is glorious here. Washing drying just fine! When it rains I put most of it in the tumble drier and the rest on my pulley.

midlifehope Wed 01-Jun-16 17:43:33

you tumble all year irrespective of weather? They eat electricity you know. Dp would kill me! A hint of sun, and everything is line dried.

MummyBex1985 Wed 01-Jun-16 17:44:00

I tumble dry everything, whether I'm supposed to or not grin

I never dry clean either probably explains why I have a £300 ball gown in the wardrobe I've only worn once and probably won't be able to wear again

shoofly Wed 01-Jun-16 17:45:06

I am almost washing for the sake of it, because we are so unaccustomed to a run of astounding weather. Fingers crossed it stays like this for a wee while longer grin

popperdoodles Wed 01-Jun-16 17:46:02

Tumble most things. I find hanging things up and opening the window to keep fresh air circulation works for the other things.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Wed 01-Jun-16 17:47:02

We tumble everything, ours has very gentle settings. Only when the weather isn't suitable for line drying though.

RoganJosh Wed 01-Jun-16 17:47:04

Ours is drying alright on the clothes airer. We keep the window open a bit, plus it's in a warm room.

Whitelisbon Wed 01-Jun-16 17:47:08

I shove everything in the tumble dryer, rain or shine. I don't even have a washing line in the garden anymore, took it down last year as it was in the way of the climbing frame.

roundtable Wed 01-Jun-16 17:49:25

Heated airer here. Although we're in the process of getting solar panels so I might be swayed by a tumble drier if I can find somewhere to put it.

LotsOfShoes Wed 01-Jun-16 17:49:43

We live in an apartment, not allowed to hang out washing, we just put them to dry inside, our dryer is sh*t. No problems so far. But it's a new build and quite well insulated so no damp problems

Cyrli Wed 01-Jun-16 17:50:11

Lovely weather in Wales, clothes are drying on the line in an afternoon.

Runningupthathill82 Wed 01-Jun-16 17:50:41

Everything on the line unless it's actually raining. We don't have a tumble dryer.

PrivatePike Wed 01-Jun-16 17:51:44

27°C here...

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 01-Jun-16 17:52:33

I don't notice a big electric bill when tumbling and it was to be 30 degrees outside for me to bother pegging out. Unless you have a really old drier they don't use anything like the electricity they used to.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 01-Jun-16 17:53:57

Private - where are you? It's freezing here, I'm tempted to stick the heating on as I've just put a jumper on and it's still chilly!

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Wed 01-Jun-16 17:56:00

I don't understand why it's taking two days to dry if you have your heating on. Do you flip the clothes over at all?
We use a clothes horse mostly and if I don't flip the clothes over a few times during the day the heavier items in particular like jeans and jumpers take longer to dry and often end up a bit smelly.

PrivatePike Wed 01-Jun-16 17:56:11

Dundee atm!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now