Talk

Advanced search

To ask wise mumsnetters to help save DDs birthday?!

(14 Posts)
Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 31-May-16 07:20:43

Help! DD1 wanted to go to Bewilderwood today for her birthday but not a chance can we can go in this weather, it would be beyond miserable!

Only recently moved to the Norwich area so need help with ideas of where we can go that's dry!!

Wise East Anglian mumsnetters please help! I'll share birthday cake with you! 😉

Sleeperandthespindle Tue 31-May-16 07:22:29

I'd do waterproof clothing for all and just go! But I do live in Devon and would never go anywhere if we couldn't go because of rain.

Hope someone comes up with something. How old is she?

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 31-May-16 07:24:48

Rain itself doesn't bother me, but there is a weather warning out for our area for torrential rain and thunder storms, and it's really heavy and verrrry windy, would make pushing DD2 in her pram a bit difficult I reckon 😢

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 31-May-16 07:25:37

Oh! 9! That would have helped!

We are going to legoland for the weekend next week, so just need something to do today to mark the actual day.

Flanderspigeonmurderer Tue 31-May-16 07:25:53

Hi, a friend of mine recommended dinosaur adventure over bewilderwood, apparently it's got more indoor stuff to do.

BathshebaDarkstone Tue 31-May-16 07:26:43

Happy birthday mini Whatthefreakin. Sorry I don't know Norfolk. Cinema? Meal out?

BathshebaDarkstone Tue 31-May-16 07:29:05

Given her age, shopping at Lush?

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 31-May-16 07:30:44

flanders I had totally forgotten about that place! It has a bit indoor soft play! Yes that could be a definite possibility, thanks!!

bath we will defo be goong somewhere nice for dinner, might try and get DD1 looked after by DPs mum and then cinema would be a good option, maybe bowling after too.I'm sure my trusty satnav will get me there! (keep getting lost, it's a nightmare hahaha! 😂 )

Impatientwino Tue 31-May-16 07:31:28

We went to Dinosaur adventure when on holiday there and it has a big indoor soft play if you need to escape the rain and the dinosaur trail itself is through a wood so plenty of cover from light rain. You have to collect stamps for a medal which my son loved. A fair bit of the animal farm is indoors as well and there is a meet the animals barn too.

It's all pathway so buggy would be fine.

Zephyroux1 Tue 31-May-16 07:48:30

How about the sea life centre, there's one in Yarmouth and Hunstanton, also the marina in Yarmouth is a swimming pool next door to sea life centre so you could get a swim in too, also if you end up in Yarmouth there's joy land and the pleasure beach, admittedly both a bit naff but Dec love them and the beach is beautiful away from the busy end of Yarmouth if the weather does dry up

Happy birthday to your daughter

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 31-May-16 07:51:02

Great idea zeph! Both DDs enjoy aquariums,as do I and swimming is always good. And everyone loves an arcade and bumper cars don't they! I reckon Yarmouth is probably only 30 mins or so from us too so that's perfect smile

Zephyroux1 Tue 31-May-16 08:08:39

Ah, I'm so pleased, the marina centre has a wave machine and slides too, I hope you all have a great day

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 31-May-16 08:26:59

Right we are all sorted! We are going to Riverside for bowling, trampolining and food and mocktails at Las Iguanas. Thanks for all your helpful suggestions!

Have a great day everyone! smile

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 31-May-16 08:28:13

Going to great Yarmouth Thursday when my sister visits with her children so will defo be going for some wave pool action then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now