2.5 glasses of wine

(22 Posts)
Rpj16 Mon 30-May-16 21:44:29

I had 2 and a half glasses of wine in a pub. I got home at 9pm. My partner was home with my 4 month old baby who is asleep lovely and safe. I haven't been out at all since he was born, so my first time.

I'm not a big drinker. But I feel very drunk now and guilty for drinking when I have a baby. But I don't usually drink! So this is why I feel drunk.

WIBU having a few drinks when I have a baby I need to wake up for? AIBU even asking this?

...Will I have a hangover..? I think I know the answer... please be nice...? Or share simililar stories so I don't feel so bad. Eating leftover spag bol now...

I'm a lightweight.

MitzyLeFrouf Mon 30-May-16 21:47:14

Give yourself a break woman!

You had a couple of glasses of wine on a bank holiday Monday. Quite right too.

Have a couple of pints of water before you go to bed and shoo away any residual guilt. You're allowed a social life!

Junosmum Mon 30-May-16 21:48:39

YANBI so long as DH will be getting up with baby until you've sobered up. The carbs will help you feel better.

You deserve some time to yourself, and as you say, baby is safe with daddy.

Theydontknowweknowtheyknow Mon 30-May-16 21:48:41

Don't be daft. You're a mum not a nun!

EatShitDerek Mon 30-May-16 21:49:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EatShitDerek Mon 30-May-16 21:49:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rpj16 Mon 30-May-16 21:49:22

thank you. I keep imagining my mother coming round spontaneously at 10pm and telling me off any minute!!

PurpleDaisies Mon 30-May-16 21:49:27

As long as you didn't drive home you've done nothing wrong.

I second the drink lots of water and have some painkillers handy for the morning just in case. smile

GeezAJammyPeece Mon 30-May-16 21:52:02

grin I still remember my first post pregnancy sesh, twas messy blush

Plenty water, mug of sweet tea, couple ibuprofen, and sleep it off

Vinorosso74 Mon 30-May-16 21:53:11

Have a big glass of water to get you rehydrated and reduce chance of hangover. Take water to bed with you
YANBU for having a couple of drinks baby is safe. Your DP is sober, despite your feeling drunk all will be fine. Hope you get a good sleep and feel ok in the morning.
PS. wine is the worst for making me feel drunk quick, beer much less so.

Rpj16 Mon 30-May-16 21:58:29

I suppose in a week it will all be forgotten.

Ibuprofen before bed or in the morning?

BuunyChops Mon 30-May-16 22:28:10

If you've ate, brufen now with a big glass of water.

Oh and give yourself a break 😀 You've just got 'The Fear' early.

Could be worse; my sisters first night out after DN was with BIL. She burst in to tears after one glass as she was so happy but a group of men at the pub thought BIL had been horrible to her and confront him.

Once she explained, the men decided to help wet the babies head. It got messy, we still rip the piss out of her.

Just for the worriers BIL was on the fizzy water, I was babysitting and on Fanta and was staying over so BIL did the night shift and I did the morning (and the afternoon…she was rough)

Little DN is now 14 and a lovely boy

Shakey15000 Mon 30-May-16 22:28:29

Ye Gads, I remember having that first night out after giving birth. I had one glass of wine and was absolutely fucking trollied.

Yes to a pint of water and 2 painkillers by the bed. Hope you don't suffer too much smile

DraenorQueen Mon 30-May-16 22:30:11

God I thought you were going to say you'd driven home on 2.5 glasses of wine or something!
You're fine, man!

AmberNectarine Mon 30-May-16 22:31:12

Give yourself a break. My first night out after DD, I managed to put myself in hospital (aggravated an old ulcer by drinking too much (all of 4 glasses)).

YouTheCat Mon 30-May-16 22:40:13

Blimey! I was on the gin with a friend when my twins were 6 months. I got unintentionally a bit pissed and rolled in at 12am.

By 1am I was in full on mam mode cleaning up an explosive nappy.

thebestfurchinchilla Mon 30-May-16 22:50:59

Ha ha. Just enjoy a night off and stop fretting on here. All is well.

FatalFemme Mon 30-May-16 23:00:34

YABU for leaving half a glass of wine. What a waste!

OooLookShoes Mon 30-May-16 23:02:38

Been there. Took me 2 days to get over the hangover of my first post-DC sesh.

Messy is probably the best description.

Rpj16 Tue 31-May-16 07:23:40

I don't want to jinx it but I don't feel too horrific. Havent got out of bed yet tho. I really had the fear last night. What a wuss!

Thanks all smile

Shakey15000 Tue 31-May-16 18:55:54

Eek. Was wondering if that was the tentative "ooh I feel OK!" Then realising a couple of hours later that, actually, you were still merry and the sledgehammer to the head arrives circa 11am?

If not, then no worries, you are clearly hard-core wink

Rpj16 Tue 31-May-16 20:34:33

I have been feeling rough all day. Went out with DS, got the wrong bus home and forgot my keys! Luckily DP rescued me. How could I be so hungover? The 2.5 wines were spaced out between 4pm and 8.30pm too! confused That'll learn me...

My feeling 'alright' this morning was short lived! haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now