Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why I'm so hairy?

(32 Posts)
Makeupbabes Mon 30-May-16 21:14:51

I hate being so hairy, it all started about 6 years ago when I got the odd hair on my chin, now I need to literally shave my face everyday! Around my chin are so many hairs if I pluck it takes me about half an hour to get them all & im starting to get them on my cheeks now & neck! I'm turning into a man! I went the doctors a few years ago and she was just like well I can't see any? Erm that's because I've shaved I'm not leaving my house with a bloody beard! does anyone else suffer with this very attractive 🙄 Trait?

sonlypuppyfat Mon 30-May-16 21:16:06

I feel your pain

FarelyKnuts Mon 30-May-16 21:16:39

Yes but I have PCOS

Makeupbabes Mon 30-May-16 21:17:29

It's crap isn't it. I fear if I'm ever in a coma & won't be able to pluck my chin & have a big beard 😩

VocationalGoat Mon 30-May-16 21:17:42

Go back and get a sex hormone blood panel done, just to see if it's not a hormonal issue.

Are you under/overweight by chance?

formerbabe Mon 30-May-16 21:18:07

The fact you are shaving I would imagine is making it worse as it blunts the hair and causes stubble.

I have fine hair on my upper lip and chin...waxing or threading is much better as it pulls the hair out by the root so regrowth takes longer and is much finer.

Makeupbabes Mon 30-May-16 21:18:57

I am over weight & currently 20
Weeks pregnant. I lost 3 stone a couple of years ago on slimming world but still had my hairy chin. I've never heard of a sex hormone blood panel thank you.

VocationalGoat Mon 30-May-16 21:19:33

grin Oh honestly, I fear I'll get hit by a bus and they'll stand over me in the morgue, gaping at the witch hairs growing out of my chin and neck.

YvaineStormhold Mon 30-May-16 21:21:46

I have a coma pact with one of my best friends.

In the unlikely event that one of us ends up in a coma, the other one has promised to turn up with a pair of tweezers and sort out the chin and top lip hairs.

That's what friends are for. Sort it out.

averylongtimeago Mon 30-May-16 21:22:42

Its not just my face, get some on my neck. My legs and arms look like a guerilla and I even get hairs growing up my back.

Makeupbabes Mon 30-May-16 21:25:07

That's a good pact grin

I'm also hairy on my stomach, so much so that I've got my ultrasound scan tomorrow & I've shaved my stomach as I feel embarrassed

VocationalGoat Mon 30-May-16 21:25:11

No problem.
I'm the same. Though I'm very underweight and tend to have higher testosterone. But honestly, I carry a Swiss Army keyring pen knife for the tweezers alone! I swear from plucking in the morning to lunch time, more chin hairs pop up like weeds.confused

Pregnancy can make it worse. In my case, it's a bit better in pregnancy. But once I deliver the baby, my chin hairs go vengeful, like they're making up for lost time. It's a drag.

NotQuiteJustYet Mon 30-May-16 21:26:12

I have PCOS so I know this pain well.

Makeupbabes You've literally described my worst nightmare here, I live in fear of being out of action and unable to take care of it blush.

GretchenBeckett Mon 30-May-16 21:26:22

Buy a Phillips lumea!

I'm very hairy and it's the best thing I ever bought. I've gone from shaving legs and plucking chin every day to now only needing to do it once every month. And the regrow is getting lighter each time.

itsbetterthanabox Mon 30-May-16 21:26:52

You'd be better getting them waxed or threaded.
Shaving blunts the ends so they look worse.
Electrolysis is a more permanent hair removal solution.
You may have PCOS. See the doc. Did you struggle at all to fall pregnant?

Makeupbabes Mon 30-May-16 21:27:46

I go into a melt down if I lose my tweezers 😆 Even my eyebrows get neglected now as I spend that much time sorting my hairy face out. My eyebrows actually hurt to pluck which shows how neglected they get as I never used to feel a thing 😩

Makeupbabes Mon 30-May-16 21:30:57

@GretchenBeckett ooh I'll have a look for the Philips lumea sounds really good! Thanks

@itsbetterthanabox I've always wondered if I had PCOS but haven't struggled to get pregnant and had my first child (pregnant with my 2nd now) in 2013 so I sort of figured it's probably something else.

Makeupbabes Mon 30-May-16 21:31:28

@NotQuiteJustYet oh can you imagine 😆

SeemsLegit Mon 30-May-16 21:31:53

I've had it my whole life...really life is too short for constant worrying about it. I got bullied at school for it but mine is a genetic problem. I certainly don't shave all my hair off, I would spend all my time doing nothing else...legs, pits,arms and face get done but my back and stomach get left to their own devices...and I get my kit off fairly regularly (fitness!). Nobody has yet mentioned it

CostaAddict Mon 30-May-16 21:35:50

You have my sympathies. I'm currently 24wks pregnant and I could grow a beard to rival DH's! Shaving the bump has been added to my shower routine blush

I also have PCOS and struggled to conceive so taking all the crap on the chin... Literally <sorry crap joke>

The PCOS also meant the hair growth was excessive but nothing a good wax could sort out every 3-4 weeks.

If it continues post pregnancy if consider a blood test to check hormone levels.

Chloe1984 Mon 30-May-16 21:37:03

I'm the same, and also have the fears of being stuck in a coma not being able to do anything about the chin stubble! I'd also be screwed if I was stranded on a desert island, if I was famous I'd have to turn down I'm A Celeb for that reason alone wink

It's worst under the chin but my arms and legs (if I was to leave them) would be much hairier than your average man. Yes, I have to shave my arms every day, I've tried waxing my arms but the pain was excruciating, the hairs are too thick, it's a daily habit now and I've got used to it.

I've tried laser hair removal for the face but it just grows back soon after, that only works if you only have a few hairs. Vaniqa cream works well but it costs about £50 for a tiny tube.

PoohBearsHole Mon 30-May-16 21:43:45

I've just bought a Iluminage touch, my hairiness is going mad! Lip and chin 😳😢 am hoping this is going to work and it was a good deal at boots and I got 10% off as over £60 it's not cheap but neither is professional laser treatment! Girl in boots also recommended the No no? If you are shaving already can't see why it's not worth a shot (apart from price obvs!)

Fluffyears Mon 30-May-16 22:53:16

I love my epilator for removing excess hair. A run over every week dies a good job. I heard the no-no can leave marks as it burns hair off.

FieryWill Mon 30-May-16 22:57:54

Vaniqa is brilliant, has changed my life

CreepyPasta Mon 30-May-16 22:59:21

I have idiopathic hirsutism and its so frustrating to not have a reason for it. Even though it's not hormonal, I do find that spearmint tea slows the growth down. Laser treatment and electrolysis did not work for me unfortunately

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now