Talk

Advanced search

Or the neighbours??

(48 Posts)
Valentine2 Sat 28-May-16 22:15:03

I am sat here grinding my teeth and fuming. There is this -fucking- neighbour who is having a dance party in their garden a house or two down our street and I can hear it through my bedroom window as if the speaker is in my own room nearly!! It's bedtime for DCs and this is after I have put up my white noise machine to try and drown them out. I know it's weekend and all. I know they have the right to do that but this is NIGHT ffs! Should I go and have a word tomorrow? I am fuming. angry

anyoldname76 Sat 28-May-16 22:17:53

its quarter past 10 on a saturday night, yes its not ideal but as long as it doesnt carry on all night i think you need to calm down

AgentZigzag Sat 28-May-16 22:18:57

I would hang on a while as it's not that late (although I agree they're being wankers and I wouldn't like to be listening to it) they may tail off in an hour or so, which would be reasonable?

If it's bothering you then it's definitely going to be bothering all your other neighbours too, one of them is bound to either tell them to STFU or call the police (?) on them.

Could you shut your window?

Palomb Sat 28-May-16 22:20:28

It's quarter past 10, not quarter past 2 in the morning,

Do they do this a lot?

Valentine2 Sat 28-May-16 22:23:37

oldname
It's disturbing the bed time routine. They have a bloody DJ who is shouting at the top of his voice. Urrghhh. DS is super awake. I was sooo looking forward to a quite movie and a Cuppa and it's so late for that now. DH agrees with you though.

agent
The window is shut and the room is hot consequently but I can't imagine what it would be like to open the window. Why don't people have class? The DJ announced the "first dance" at 8.30pm! sad

Valentine2 Sat 28-May-16 22:24:08

No this is the first time.

Valentine2 Sat 28-May-16 22:25:00

I think I should open a white noise app on phone too and drown them further. hmm

Greenyogagirl Sat 28-May-16 22:26:25

I think you're being a bit harsh, it's a Saturday, it's not every night and although it's not ideal for children's bedtimes etc that's just life isn't it unless you live in the middle of nowhere

anyoldname76 Sat 28-May-16 22:27:29

i do get where you're coming from, i have 3 dc and esp when they were really little i hated the routine being broken. its not that late for a party though, could you all snuggle in bed with a movie on a bit loud, dc will drift off eventually

Valentine2 Sat 28-May-16 22:31:32

Ok it looks you all nearly unanimously agree with DH. He think they are having a party and its fair enough though he agrees it's not classy. But shrugs shoulder with that. grin I should probably feel satisfied that I vented here a bit.but I would write my DC off my will if they behaved like that ever grin. They will need to gives week's notice to their neighbours even if they did manage to get my approval <scrambles to find the tin hat>

ilovesooty Sat 28-May-16 22:32:52

Why don't people have class?

Good grief. It's reasonably early on a bank holiday Saturday.

DuckAndPancakes Sat 28-May-16 22:35:20

Did you never attend parties pre-DC?

BleakBetty Sat 28-May-16 22:35:39

Valentine

I know it's widely considered unreasonable but I hate hate hate it too! No one wants to listen to someone else's shit music, it feels super intrusive to me and as soon as I can afford to live far away from another human. I will!

TwoKettles Sat 28-May-16 22:36:27

Mow the lawn at 8.30 tomorrow morning grin

Valentine2 Sat 28-May-16 22:36:43

sooty
I think it's not classy to live in a terraced house and act like you have no one around you for miles. I think it's not on. There are brilliant sound systems available that can give you a good effect without raising the whole neighbourhood.

Villagebike3 Sat 28-May-16 22:37:18

Why didn't they invite you?

janethegirl2 Sat 28-May-16 22:37:51

I'd not worry too much until after 1am if it's an infrequent event. I know it irritates you but ppl need to be able to have a party now and again.

AgentZigzag Sat 28-May-16 22:39:35

I don't know how old your DC are Valentine, but when mine were smaller I'd telepathically send threats of murder to people even coughing in the street if I thought there was a risk of them waking and me being cheated out of half an hour's peace and quiet grin

andintothefire Sat 28-May-16 22:39:55

I would give it til 11pm then intervene. I would probably call the police if the noise is still as loud - they should not be creating a disturbance past that time.

Before then I think it is frustrating and inconsiderate but there is probably little that can be done.

MsJamieFraser Sat 28-May-16 22:41:08

It's Saturday in a bank holiday weekend, no big deal unless it's happening every other night!

Ughnotagain Sat 28-May-16 22:41:24

As a one off YABU. Sorry. I'm very sensitive to noise and this would have me gritting my teeth too but people are allowed to have parties every now and then.

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Sat 28-May-16 22:41:41

Would pissed me off but just because I used to live next to a chavvy little bastard who used to crank it up at 3am on a week night. Now I just have to hear a car going past with loud music on and I start to feel stressed!

The sensible me would think it's not too late on a Saturday night.

Is there a bedroom at the front of the house away from the noise you could all bed down in?

Valentine2 Sat 28-May-16 22:42:34

duck
I did attend them. Never planned one like this ever (lots of music inside a hall always looked decent to me than lawn of terraced houses) so I consider myself too scrupulous I guess. grin sorry joking

bleak oh yeah! If the music is good I can beat with it but this is slightly revolting. The DJ should be beaten off the stage for playing these songs in this sequence IYSWIM wink

andintothefire Sat 28-May-16 22:43:37

Do you have a noise pollution team near you..? For example: www.westminster.gov.uk/noise-pollution

May be worth a call! Personally I think very loud noise in a residential area is selfish. Some noise is absolutely fine but the one you describe sounds inappropriate and excessive to me.

Valentine2 Sat 28-May-16 22:44:40

villagebike
Yeah that's one more reason that's pissing me off. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now