Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that we don't need more female speakers in the Brevity debate so that women feel involved in the debate?

(5 Posts)
Lucydogz Fri 27-May-16 22:29:15

Listening to pm yesterday, 2 speakers said that women were finding it difficult to participate in the debate because the existing style of the debate was too male. So we need more women spokespersons.
Does anybody else find it as depressing as I do? For decades women have been fighting against being told that they can't do certain jobs, or vote, because their brains are different and they can't deal with that man's stuff. And now, apparently, our brains ARE different and we can't understand if men are speaking.

Lucydogz Fri 27-May-16 22:29:57

Sorry brexit.

ThisCakeFilledIsle Fri 27-May-16 22:37:26

It's inexplicable to me. I heard Harriet Harman saying something similar, she then proceeded to appear to know nothing about anything EU related herself. I suppose she sees her role as talking about women's issues ( as she perceives them!) I personally find THAT totally patronising and off-putting..

Lucydogz Sat 28-May-16 08:26:31

And no one seems to challenge it!

GirlOutNumbered Sat 28-May-16 08:27:58

Outrageous!!! Do they seriously think we can't engage if there isn't a female present and 'explaining' it to us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now