When it feels like the world is against you?

(7 Posts)
frayingallday Thu 26-May-16 21:08:43

I have had a crap week (in a completely first world kind of way, but still). I have felt like I'm in a fight with the whole world and that nobody is on my side, that things aren't going my way and I feel overwhelmed with anxiety about things that are probably quite minor. No doubt I will feel back to normal soon. AIBU to ask- what do you do to make yourself feel better when you feel like the world is against you?

frayingallday Thu 26-May-16 21:30:21

Including mumsnet this evening clearly!

CaptainCrunch Thu 26-May-16 21:32:05

I walk my dog, by the time I get back the world has usually righted itself.

HooplaLoopla1 Thu 26-May-16 21:34:24

I read, watch some of my favourite programmes that I can just 'switch off' my brain for, go out with friends, draw...sometimes it's just finding what works for you. Tomorrow is a brand new day and if it's the whole of this week, then it's nearly finished!smile

frayingallday Thu 26-May-16 21:36:31

Thank you kind people. I'm feeling under attack from a number of areas and its made me realise I usually have a pretty calm and easy life.

Brightredpencil Thu 26-May-16 22:03:03

It's down heartening isn't it. I suggest dwelling on it for a bit then dancing round to Baby I dont Care by Transfusion Vamp. Your troubles will melt away!!

notjusttheirmum Thu 26-May-16 22:32:21

I text out a ranty text to someone, get everything off my chest, then instead of sending it delete it. Iv said what I needed to say and no one can answer me back and tell me I'm wrong!
Walking is great too, I was less stressed when I walked more, I should probably start walking again thinking about it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now