Talk

Advanced search

Being fed up with days off school

(5 Posts)
PurpleHairBigKnickers Thu 26-May-16 09:56:54

School finishes here on Scotland on 24th June. Between now and then the children are only in for 18.5 days. Of these days there is sports day, school trips and general wind down for end of term.

However the homework is increasing to ensure all aspects of the curriculum are covered before end of term.

Aibu to think that they should teach first and have in service second. Alternatively use the local hall for sodding elections.

Heirhelp Thu 26-May-16 10:13:59

I don't know how it works in Scotland but in England training days came out of teacher's holiday so even if they were ended children would not do any more days in school.

Would you want your children to be taught by teachers who do not improve their teaching?

I do disagree with the increased home work.

LemonBreeland Thu 26-May-16 10:16:15

In service days are part of the law. The time of year they happen is down to council decisions. I agree that where possible village halls etc. should be used as polling stations and schools should be a last resort. Especially given the number of elections and referendums we have had recently in Scotland.

LemonBreeland Thu 26-May-16 10:17:52

And my children don't break up until 1st July. I wish it was sooner. We are all ready for the break now.

dementedpixie Thu 26-May-16 10:22:41

In north Lanarkshire they don't finish until 29th June. Homework hasn't increased here though. There aren't any in-service days left here either, just the bank holiday weekend this weekend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now