To want to write a cryptic Facebook status about selfish bitches?!

(93 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MrsJen3 Wed 25-May-16 18:09:01

FUMING. My mum is 70 this year, hadn't made any set plans but she was hoping her family and friends would drop in to see her on the day and she would do buffet type food and drink and I was planning on making a birthday cake for her. We, as in her immediate family, were then taking her for a meal in the. evening.
My aunty has a daughter who is visiting from Australia (for about the third time in two years)for a couple if weeks either side of my mum's birthday. My aunty has booked a venue for a surprise welcome home party for her daughter on the exact day of mum's 70th birthday!
This upset my mum a little but I said never mind you'll still get to see everyone and I'll ask aunty if we can bring the cake and sing happy birthday to you there.
I just asked and she set word for word "I'll tell you what you just all carry on with your own plans for the day I won't mind that you are not there".
What a fucking bitch! I just said ok and hung up but I am FUMING and want her and the rest of the family to know that I think she is an utter bitch. A cryptic message on FB will do the job nicely - should I or should I leave it_

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Wed 25-May-16 18:10:40

Don't do a cryptic status. You know it's silly and childish and you'll look no better than she's making herself look.

LilacSpunkMonkey Wed 25-May-16 18:11:41

If the message will do the job then it's not cryptic.

Just make a phone call.

nothanksbyenow Wed 25-May-16 18:12:11

Wow- does your aunts appreciate that your mum is a little upset about the timing? Do they normally get on?

WellErrr Wed 25-May-16 18:12:23

'Some people are fucking bitches'

'Awww what's up hun?'

'PMed you xx'

I'd defriend you.

hesterton Wed 25-May-16 18:13:03

No no no. Resist. Leave her to it and poach every guest you can for your mum's do.

ChessieFL Wed 25-May-16 18:13:20

Don't do the cryptic message, it will just irritate all your friends who have no idea what you're going on about. If you want her to know she's a bitch, just email her directly and tell her and cc in anyone else you like. Job done without involving others outside your family.

MrsJen3 Wed 25-May-16 18:13:46

I don't care if everyone befriends me I only go on FB once every blue moon.

RaeSkywalker Wed 25-May-16 18:14:43

Don't do it, you'll make yourself look daft.

I hope your Mum has a lovely birthday, hopefully you can plan a special day for her despite this nasty incident flowers

whois Wed 25-May-16 18:14:49

NOT a cryptic msg. It looks so dickish.

MrsJen3 Wed 25-May-16 18:14:53

I was going to put a little more detail than just 'some people are bitches'

freshprincess Wed 25-May-16 18:15:09

either be direct with a 'Aunty xx is a right bitch'.
Or go old-school and slag her off behind her back at the party.

TheWitTank Wed 25-May-16 18:16:53

No, don't go the PA route. Makes you look like a tit. If you have a problem contact them directly.

LilacSpunkMonkey Wed 25-May-16 18:16:58

Why Facebook though?

It's what my DD's friends do. They're 14.

It's embarrassing for everyone else reading it because they're embarrassed for you.

Unless you're my ex SIL who posts cryptic messages all the bloody time and thrives on the attention.

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Wed 25-May-16 18:16:58

Just don't. Seriously. Just say what you want to say, directly to the people who've pissed you off. That might take a bit more guts, but it's decidedly better than going all passive-aggressive on Facebook.

WeeHelena Wed 25-May-16 18:17:02

Agree don't be PA and just say it to them personally.

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Wed 25-May-16 18:17:54

But I do get the feeling you're going to do it anyway, despite being told en masse that YABU.

RaeSkywalker Wed 25-May-16 18:22:08

How would your Mum feel if you did it and then she was put in the middle of the inevitable fallout?

MadamDeathstare Wed 25-May-16 18:24:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsJen3 Wed 25-May-16 18:27:49

No I won't do it, it was just my initial gut reaction. I am slowly calming down and I will sleep on it before deciding what to do.
My only options are ignore, phone her or text her. I really want to tell her how selfish I think she is - I think she knows it really as she has never said a word to my mum about the party and she waited until mum was on holiday to put her invite through the door.
I am not close to her at all but mum is and they live across the road from each other so this will make things very awkward.

MrsJen3 Wed 25-May-16 18:29:03

The surprise party is during the afternoon.

x2boys Wed 25-May-16 18:30:53

no you will look silly dh ,dd does this kind of thing on facebook but she,s 15 so its to be expected at her age not adults though they look attention seeking .

MadamDeathstare Wed 25-May-16 18:32:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BestOnlineCommentSite Wed 25-May-16 18:34:41

I don't know. I am in a foul mood. I just had a go at a car park attendant and wagged my finger at them. My blood is still boiling (the car park is not what I am cross about). If I were you I would not go on facebook at all and I hope you feel better.

Dozer Wed 25-May-16 18:37:28

That would be unreasonable. Your Mum's relationship with her sister and family is primarily her affair: does she actually want you to get involved?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now