To make optician day a treat day for DS?

(7 Posts)
Hagothehills Wed 25-May-16 11:13:04

DS is 2.5 and currently under the ophthalmologist for a squint and short sightedness.
Nothing serious but he wears glasses.
Aibu to turn days where he both has to get a full eye exam with dilating drops and days that are just check ups into treat days?
For example he just had a check up today, but as a reward for being very good (he really was ) we're getting the train into town to visit museum (for dinosaurs, he's obsessed) and he's getting his favourite lunch, maybe an ice cream if he stays good.
Is this OTT? I just remember my mum doing something similar when I was little and it was lovely, turned it from something scary to something to look forward to

NeedACleverNN Wed 25-May-16 11:14:18

Nothing wrong with that if can afford to do it

Xmasbaby11 Wed 25-May-16 11:15:46

It sounds lovely. You treat your children whenever you want to. It sounds like a great idea.

DailyFaily Wed 25-May-16 11:16:53

Your DS is 2.5 - turn any day you like into a treat day! Of course YANBU

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 25-May-16 11:18:21

Oh we did the same thoigh both DC found their eyes took a while to adjust so we kept things slightly low key - like drink and a cake at the cafe next door. If your DS doesn't have that problem then go ahead. Life (and childhood) is too short to not celebrate when you can.

Hagothehills Wed 25-May-16 11:18:31

It's nothing expensive! The museum is free and his lunch is cheese butties and tomato pasta smile

Liiinooo Wed 25-May-16 11:19:18

Sounds lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now