Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to get a grip?

(10 Posts)
LouBlue1507 Wed 25-May-16 08:54:55

Hi ladies...

I'm nearly 33 weeks pregnant and I'm starting to really struggle with the pain!
I have horrible stabbing pains when I bend, lean forward or pick my legs up. Turning over or getting out of bed is agony! It takes me a few seconds to adjust once I've stood up. It's really getting me down sad

I've heard of SPD but I've read that a lot of people need crutches or can't do the most basic things! I'm not as bad as that so I don't know if this is SPD or just normal pregnancy pains.

AIBU and being a complete pudding? I feel like I need to 'man up' sad

LouBlue1507 Wed 25-May-16 08:57:15

Forgot to mention that the pain is right in my groin not abdomen!

mrsmugoo Wed 25-May-16 09:00:38

You might have a spot of SPD or PGP but it's still on the spectrum of "normal" for pregnancy - but mention it to your midwife as you could get a physio referral.

I'm 38 weeks and feeling all the aches and pains! I haven't bothered with a physio for my mild(ish) PGP, it's pretty obvious to me what triggers it so I'm just trying to keep a good posture and a mix of keeping active but also resting. Not picking up my toddler helps!

Are you finishing for mat leave soon?

curren Wed 25-May-16 09:00:40

Speak to your doctor or midwife. I had spd. Never had crutches etc. As far as I am aware not everyone's is that bad. Many people have it and it doesn't mean they end up with crutches.

With my second I had some light phyiso. Stretches (not easy when of) on a morning and night helped mine.

Also I got a body pillow, think it was 5ft long, that helped sleep.

KathySelden Wed 25-May-16 09:05:44

It defiantly sounds like spd, for me it got progressively worse but that's not always the case. I recommend getting seen as soon as possible. They should refer you to a physio who can recommend a maternity belt and excercises. I also recommend getting things you need to get done now in case it does get worse. Hot baths helped a little.

You have my sympathy as it is painful. I was telling a good friend this week that the only way to describe it is it's like being kicked in your vag hard and repeatedly.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Wed 25-May-16 09:11:14

Sounds like spd or baby laying on sciatic nerve.
Speak to midwife or gp.
Support belt can be useful.
Spd is caused by the softening of ligaments to prepare for everything stretching for birth.
The belt keeps your hips in place a bit, easing the looseness.
It has other causes too.

onceuponadream2016 Wed 25-May-16 10:09:05

I had terrible SPD near the end of my pregnancy, at one point I timed it and I could stand for 3mins maximum without severe pain!
I had a physio referral but never heard back, I found bouncing on a ball helped but feel your pain, if it's any consolation when your babba comes you'll be so in love with the new arrival that one day you'll wake up and think yay no pain for a while! Good luck!flowers

Paulat2112 Wed 25-May-16 10:15:31

You get all different degrees of SPD. Some just a little sore, some agony. Some cant walk etc. So just because you dont think you dont need crutches doesn't mean you dont have it. Say to your mw next time you see her. I had SPD in my last two pregnancies and ended up crutches and then in a wheelchair. My friend had it but could still go about day to day life without too much trouble. Hope it doesn't get any worse for you

RedOnHerHedd Wed 25-May-16 10:26:12

I had SPD from 29 weeks on DS1. I wore maternity knickers with a maternity belt and that helped loads. I didn't need crutches, but I couldn't stand for long. I had to finish working earlier than planned because it involved standing for long times. I'd definitely let your midwife know.

LouBlue1507 Wed 25-May-16 13:19:35

Thanks lovelies! I will definitely mention it to midwife when I see her flowers x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now