Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to say NO?

(17 Posts)
LouBlue1507 Mon 23-May-16 19:00:22

My OH's brothers have asked to come over for a 'lads night' sometime soon.. There's 4 of them. My OH has said its up to me but I really don't want them staying over.

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and don't fancy having a houseful over night! I'm in pain, not sleeping and peeing myself daily! I really wouldn't feel comfortable having everyone over and not being comfortable in my own home. We have no where for them to sleep (spare bedroom has been made into nursery) and when they stay they're up all night drinking and don't know when to leave the next day. My flat gets completely taken over!

I've said they're more than welcome to come up and visit for an afternoon/evening just not all night/overnight.

AIBU to say no? x

SabineUndine Mon 23-May-16 19:01:37

YANBU but I'd be wary of having them over for an evening, in case they decided to make a night of it anyway.

NannawifeofBaldr Mon 23-May-16 19:02:03

Not in any way.

Pinkheart5915 Mon 23-May-16 19:03:37

Not unreasonable, easy to find an alternative!
Is in possible for your oh to go to his brothers? Or An afternoon in the pub? could they go out for the night?

It's nice to read a thread where the oh says its up to you, we've have lots of horrible partner threads lately.

Ameliablue Mon 23-May-16 19:04:43

Given your stage of pregnancy is day it is reasonable to say not at your house. Maybe they could do it elsewhere?

Janecc Mon 23-May-16 19:55:46

Get them to go elsewhere to have their fun. Maybe go to a hotel all together for a boys weekend.

SquinkiesRule Mon 23-May-16 19:56:08

Send your Dh to them for the weekend. No reason it has to be at yours is there?

MrsSpecter Mon 23-May-16 20:01:39

Yanbu at all!! If they cant take the hint about when is a decent time to go home then no, they wouldnt be welcome in mine. Sounds like your DH needs to have words about consideration and respect.

Anyway, thats for another time when you dont have a new baby.

They can go elsewhere this time. Where do they all live?

bumbleymummy Mon 23-May-16 20:03:40

Could you take yourself off somewhere quiet for the night and leave them to it?

ollieplimsoles Mon 23-May-16 20:05:38

Say no.

Your oh's family are really quite strange aren't they op?
No wonder you want to put then off for a week when you have had lo.

LouBlue1507 Mon 23-May-16 20:06:22

OH is completely understanding and has said fair enough.. They all live with his dad (we're the only ones with our own place).. Just glad I'm not being a misery!

Crisscrosscranky Mon 23-May-16 20:09:17

hmm I think YAB a bit U- you still have 7 weeks of pregnancy to go and these are your BiLs. It's your OH's house too. Run a bath, get some ear plugs and let them enjoy each other's company I say.

LanceCorporalJones Mon 23-May-16 20:12:34

Just the suggestion of having 4 men over for a lads night in when I was pregnant would have made me have violent thoughts grin

Vixyboo Mon 23-May-16 20:23:07

I wouldn't agree and I'm not even preg lol!

mygorgeousmilo Mon 23-May-16 20:24:02

YANBU

MrsSpecter Mon 23-May-16 20:47:22

Run a bath, get some ear plugs and let them enjoy each other's company I say.

She cant stay in the bath all night and the next day.

WhereYouLeftIt Mon 23-May-16 21:06:23

"They all live with his dad" -what ages are we talking? Old enough to get their fingers out and get their own places to host their own lads' nights?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now