Facebook-aibu

(7 Posts)
flowerandrandd Mon 23-May-16 14:26:42

Deleted it permanently, well will be permanent in 14 days... I've had enough, checking it constantly, reading into peoples lives, missing out of the now.. aibu to feel like i am going to loose touch with everyone and everything!!!

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 23-May-16 14:36:50

I only check mine about once a week...

I only keep it as my brother lives abroad.

See how you feel after a week.

flowerandrandd Mon 23-May-16 14:42:14

Ive emailed the people i want to stay in touch with and explained, I have terrible anxiety issues and tbh fb makes me worse... just feels abit like ive lost a limb!! pathetic!

BillBrysonsBeard Mon 23-May-16 15:37:40

Could you just deactivate so it's not permanent? I did it in January and it's been great, but I know I have all my albums still saved on there etc. I feel so much happier! No comparing, no twee memes, no minutiae of peoples lives and no constantly checking it. Enjoy OP smile

Uiscebeatha85 Mon 23-May-16 15:42:12

I'm three years clean from Facebook now. Initially, I found it hard but I used Twitter as a bit of a crutch and also checked news websites when I found myself picking up my phone to see what was happening on Facebook. I don't miss it at all now. Your friends will make an effort (if they're worth their salt) to keep in contact by other means and it feels so good to not be a slave to it anymore. Best thing I ever did.

TheNaze73 Mon 23-May-16 16:03:23

YANBU. It seems like it takes over a lot of people's lives

flowerandrandd Mon 23-May-16 18:30:10

Thanks guys great to know I'm not the only one, I downloaded everything I wanted to save so decided to delete permanently, relief already, probably the wrong place to post this thread tho so thanks for answering! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now