Talk

Advanced search

To want a kids' park to be just that??

(9 Posts)
BlueSpanishEyes Mon 23-May-16 14:06:20

And not a dumping ground for broken bottles and other rubbish!

Fed up of taking ds 14mo to the park next to us and finding it completely covered in broken glass. The other parks in the are are not much better. Why do people feel the need to smash empty bottles in a children's play area, if you want to drink in the park at night at least put your empties in the bins, no?? Then witnessed two questionable looking characters getting cuffed in the park this morning when I was there with ds. Or maybe I just live in a crappy area.

sonlypuppyfat Mon 23-May-16 14:13:49

My DH and DS were in our local skatepark once when a boy hit some glass on his board fell and knocked all his front teeth out my DH had to call an ambulance for him, people are disgusting they just don't care

BlueSpanishEyes Mon 23-May-16 14:21:44

It is disgusting sonly! I normally let my ds run about even if he has a few falls, I don't get all precious
About him but I can't let him run about because of all the glass! If I ever catch anyone doing it I will lose the rag with them!

sonlypuppyfat Mon 23-May-16 14:48:09

Seems to me some people just don't seem to know how to behave do they. It's the same when you see people drop rubbish on the floor when they are next to bins

MissBattleaxe Mon 23-May-16 16:02:22

Agree. I often see teenagers in the play area winding the swings up around the posts. I turn into shouty woman when they do that. Why? Why do they do it?

Witchend Mon 23-May-16 16:41:07

The sad thing is round us is that it's the teenagers who 4-5 years ago were the ones playing on the park equipment and being injured by the glass. sad

BlueSpanishEyes Mon 23-May-16 19:31:50

I know people are going to drink in parks, especially when the weather is good etc! Heck, I did when I was 16/17! But I don't remember ever smashing bottles for the fun of it.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 23-May-16 19:35:33

Can you report the mess to the council and/or organise a community cleanup?

If the area is kept scrupulously clean, and used for its intended purpose you may get less littering.

fryingtoday Mon 23-May-16 19:43:35

We had the youngest climbing frame burnt out in our park confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now