Talk

Advanced search

to by really annoyed at how PE teacher dealt with this

(16 Posts)
Tram10 Sun 22-May-16 19:18:50

DD 8 yo .....at PE class today one of her class mates tugged down her PE shorts that left her standing in her underwear, she was absolutely mortified. The other girl was laughing so hard about how funny it was.

DD told the PE teacher who, said 'X don't do that again, okay!'

Am I right to be furious with how the PE teacher handled it ?Should I talk to the teacher tomorrow?

We are leaving the school this year, so DD says not to bother, (despite her saying it was the worst day of her life), however I really feel the PE teacher sent out the wrong message and it needs to be addressed (new teacher)>

Should I just leave it or raise it with the school?

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sun 22-May-16 19:27:32

When I was at secondary school this was a popular pastime with the idiotic school clowns, until the HT announced in assembly that this counts as sexual assualt (whether intended as a joke or not) and the victims would be well within their right to report to the police. It stopped almost straightaway.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sun 22-May-16 19:29:57

I would raise it with the school, ask them to have a talk with this other girl about just how serious it is, in a child friendly way of course.

cardibach Sun 22-May-16 19:30:02

PE lesson today? Sunday? confused
That response seems underwhelming, though.

Tram10 Sun 22-May-16 19:34:50

We live in the Middle East. Sunday is our Monday.

RedHelenB Sun 22-May-16 19:36:43

Maybe they didn't want to make too big a deal of it so as not to prolong your dds embarassment?

SomersetMaughan Sun 22-May-16 19:39:39

Well the PE teacher did tell the other girl off, if I'm reading your post correctly. However, it didn't sound a very stern telling off.
I'd just have a word with the form teacher tomorrow morning. Let the form teacher know how upsetting this was for your DD +ask the teacher to remind all the children this is not acceptable behaviour.Not sure 8yr olds understand the concept of sexual assault per se but they definitely do know (or should know) right from wrong.

Tram10 Sun 22-May-16 19:48:07

It was nothing more than a prank, nothing sexual in it at all, however it really humiliated my DD, so am I wrong to think the PE teacher should have dealt with it more strongly.

Tram10 Sun 22-May-16 19:49:08

the PE teacher didn't even make the kid apologise, which I feel should be the minimum.

MadamDeathstare Sun 22-May-16 19:55:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sun 22-May-16 19:55:14

Oh I know that, that it was a prank, nothing sexual, but if the kids had been older, like teens then it would have been considered a lot more serious.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sun 22-May-16 19:56:17

How old is that Madam? I thought kindergartners were only tiny!

Someone did this to ds2 when he was 12 - he was fairly new to the school because we'd just moved, and he was utterly mortified.

The PE teacher was furious with the boy who did it, bollocked him on the spot, and sent him to the deputy head who put him in internal exclusion for three days.

She also rang me to tell me what had happened - to assure me that they were taking it so seriously because of what had happened, and how upset ds2 had been - and also to give me the heads-up before he got home, so I could make sure he was OK (he'd been bullied at his English secondary school and his primary school, and we really wanted this to be a fresh start - they school knew this).

Ds2 was upset, when he got home, but was immensely reassured by how swiftly and decisively the incident and the culprit had been dealt with (and by how the other kids, who he was starting to see as friends, rallied immediately to support him).

MadamDeathstare Sun 22-May-16 20:10:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SomersetMaughan Sun 22-May-16 20:11:13

I think you're right, OP, the other child got off far too lightly; and will probably do it again to someone else.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sun 22-May-16 20:12:25

Oh not quite as tiny as I thought then, but that does seem a bit heavy handed for a 5-6yo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now