Talk

Advanced search

To think this dog owner was an idiot?

(10 Posts)
MozzchopsThirty Sun 22-May-16 14:11:39

Wtf is wrong with people? Yesterday someone drove into the back of my car and then behaved appallingly towards me

Today I went for a run with the dcs, we were running up a path and a lady & gentleman were walking their dog on a stretchy lead, she heard us coming and left some space for us to get past but her dog was still on enough lead to run over to me & bite my leg
We stopped and she asked if there was any damage, I said no but maybe she should keep her dog on a shorter lead, she replied, well if you'd stopped running & bent down to stroke him he wouldn't have bitten you hmm

SnookieSnooks Sun 22-May-16 14:19:22

Whaaatttt??!!! Did she also say 'he's more frightened of you than you are of him' or 'he's just playing'..... I had a dog repeatedly hurl itself at my legs the other day (while out running) and all the idiot owner could say was 'he's only a baby'.... as if it made it an acceptable reason for him to be totally out of control of his animal in a public place.

And is the bite would ok? Be careful because you can get a very nasty infection from a dog bite. Keep a very close eye on it.

SnookieSnooks Sun 22-May-16 14:19:53

Wound (not would)

OurBlanche Sun 22-May-16 14:23:23

The woman who lead the beginners running sessions here stomped all over a Jack Russell puppy last week...

... or, if you are not the puppy's owner...

The woman who lead the beginners running sessions here was tripped up by and fell on top of a Jack Russell pup that was off the lead, playing on the running track. The owner went ballistic, facebooked some really nasty stuff - and was told she should be banned from owning dogs!

Some dog owners are utterly clueless. Fortunately most people (dog owning or not) seem to be able to recognise those whom common sense has abandoned!

MozzchopsThirty Sun 22-May-16 14:23:58

It didn't even puncture my running trousers so it's ok, but it made me shout confused
I just don't understand the mentality of everything being the other persons fault

TroysMammy Sun 22-May-16 14:28:39

It was a full moon last night, I've come across my fair share of nutters today smile

OrlandaFuriosa Sun 22-May-16 14:30:05

That's appalling. Please check. You may need tetanus jabs, my phew did after a similar incident.

Mind you, idiot family let their just walking infant chase and pat my pooch in the park yesterday. Without asking or being with him. Fortunately he is exceptionally tolerant of children and allowed it to happen. We were in the doggy part of the park, I was quite close, but would not have been close enough if he had snapped, iswim. Complete contrast to two other families where I asked if their litties would like to pat him, did the normal holding thing, got them to be sniffed first, then pat. Sensible parents teaching their children how to behave.

Idiots both sides..

maybebabybee Sun 22-May-16 14:31:41

Did it actually bite you properly as in breaking the skin or did it nip?

Not excusing it but there's a huge difference between an aggressive bite and a puppy nipping in play.

MozzchopsThirty Sun 22-May-16 18:12:08

Oh yes just nipping wasn't nasty at all
It was just her attitude that astounded me

I understand the other side of it too but I never let dcs go to dogs unless the owner has said its ok

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 22-May-16 18:47:41

She's clearly a dick, surprised you even have to ask.

One of my dogs (thought recall was better than it was, she doesn't get let off lead anymore though in undergoing training) chased a runner, yipping at his heels once. I immediately ran after her and apologised profusely. He was fine about it but I was utterly mortified. Can't imagine having the brass neck to turn around and say "well you shouldn't have been running near her"! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now